What's new

has anyone seen a theater with earth tones? (1 Viewer)

James Gumbart

Stunt Coordinator
I'm trying to decide what colors to use in my theater. Originally, I wanted to go really dark to minimize light scattering but couldn't find anything appealing. Now I'm thinking something mid to light brown maybe but I was wondering if anyone has pictures of a similar theater to help me decide...

I'm really bad when it comes to color coordination. :frowning:

ScottATL

Stunt Coordinator
I just painted my master bedroom "portabello", really thinking one shade darker for the HT room. I'll take a picture of it tonight and post it.

Torgny Nilsson

Second Unit
I don't understand why so many people seem to think that your home theater has to be a dark color. Mine is painted camel brown and I have never noticed any problems with light spill, etc. And the best looking home theater I have ever seen was mainly done in a light wood paneling (with some fabric covered sections to deal with sound issues).

Darren McGruther

Stunt Coordinator
Paint Brand: C2 Pro Series(midtone base)1GALLON
Color Name: Rickshaw
Paint mix code:
BL--OY 1.500/48
OR--OY 42.00/48
RU--4Y 33.00/48
BK--OY 0.752/48

Darren McGruther

Stunt Coordinator
This is the actual paint used, the other is from a store called Walls Alive. The paint I used in the theater was from Home Depot

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Hmmm, found the C2 website - no Dealers in BC.

Maybe my Benjamin Moore guy can mix me a tester near that colour from the codes, many thanks.

The Home Depot paint is no problem locally.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks