What's new

Has anyone received their John Waters Bomus Disc Yet (1 Viewer)

Russ Felton

Stunt Coordinator
I was wonderig if anyone has received their John Waters Bonus Disc yet from New Line Home Video? It is past the eight to ten weeks waiting period for me now and I've got nothing from them. Anyone????

Jodee

Screenwriter
I haven't received mine yet, but my check from October was finally cashed on 12/28, so that's a good sign.

I think they cash the check when they start processing the order so hopefully it should arrive in a few weeks.

Jeff Krispow

Stunt Coordinator
Woohoo! For those of you waiting for your John Waters "Bonus Disc", they are finally shipping!!!
Mine arrived today -- its official title is John Waters DVD Scrapbook, and comes packaged inside a simple, cardboard sleeve (not that I was expecting a keep case, but one can dream...). The disc itself is being shipped out via the USPS in a protective heavy-duty mailing envelope -- my disc jacket was in perfect condition.
I've only begun to watch the DVD, so there's not much I can tell you about it yet -- but what I can say is that it contains more stuff than I ever imagined. When I first heard rumors that the DVD would contain over 3+ hours of material, I didn't really believe it, but after simply going through the menus it is quite obvious those rumors were 100% accurate.
Very quickly, the disc contains two menu systems to choose from -- Navigate Through Time (segments are presented chronologically) or Navigate by Film (Beginnings of Dreamland, Pink Flamingos, Female Trouble, Desperate Living, Polyester, Hairspray and Pecker.)
The disc contains numerous TV and radio appearances and interviews, newly-filmed interviews, behind-the-scenes material, trailers, featurettes and all sorts of other stuff, such as personal home movies (the first being footage of a baby John from 1946). From what I've seen so far, the overall quality of the segments is quite good, however it's all dependent upon the source material and some things definitely look better than others.
The only other thing worth mentioning right now is something that's rather obvious. The film-related extras represented on this bonus disc deal specifically with the six John Waters films recently released on DVD by New Line -- aside from some quick mentions, you'll find absolutely nothing here for non-New Line films like Cry Baby or Serial Mom.
Well, that's about it for now... I'm going to get back to watching this awesome DVD...
Best,
Jeff

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I was really hoping that perhaps they might include a few of his early short films like The Diana Linkletter Story. I'm beginning to think we're never going to see an official release of that.
Jeff

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Got mine today. Looks good. :) It's in a little cardboard sleeve, so hopefully before long someone will produce a keepcase cover for download. (hint, hint)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks