What's new

Has anyone received their Fellowship of the Ring rebate? (1 Viewer)

Tom June

Agent
I purchased the 2-disc version in August and the collector's set in November. I sent out the mail-in rebate in November and have not yet received my $10. Has anyone received theirs?

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I sent away for the $5 rebate for the regular 4-disc package and got a response from the rebate house claiming that my proof-of-purchase tabs were not included in my mailing, which they most certainly were. Needless to say, I'm irrirated, but for $5 I'm not going to lose too much sleep over this.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The wording on the Canadian rebate is pretty bad. It says you only need the POP from one of the products. I have yet to send in for my rebate, but Canadians are being gyped with only an $8CAN ($5US) rebate for either the Collectors box or extended edition, unlike the $5/10 offer in the US.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I sent in the rebate for $10 in November and have not received or heard anything to date about it.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
I couldn't stand to damage the original cover. Did you all cut yours or did you find an alternative?
Very good question.

I never partake of these kinds of rebates, as they involve taking a sharp object to the cover, thereby mangling it.

Is there an alternative?

Moe.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
As it was a small part of the cover on the 2 disc and a seperate piece altoghter for the EE, I went for it. Still no rebate.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Nothing yet. However, I sent away at the beginning of the month, since that was when I got it.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I just received mine today. It came in a very small envelope. For reference, I sent mine out the week the movie came out.

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
Does anyone happen to have an extra POP from the 5 disc box set that they wouldn't mind parting with? When I sent my rebate request in, I had unwittingly included the UPC from the box because I couldn't find the official POP. It wasn't until yesterday when my items were returned to me without a rebate check that I discovered that the POP was actually located on the outsert, which I had long ago thrown away. So if anybody has an extra POP and would be willing to help, please post, email, or im me.

Regards,

D

Nick_Gray

Agent
I sent in for the $10, got $5 back about three weeks ago. It would appear this rebate hasn't gone particularly well.:frowning:

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Those of you who sent in for the $10 and got $5 back - are you sure you sent in the correct POP? The gift set included its own insert sheet with POP, as well as the sheet on the outside of the EE with its POP (what you would have got if you just purchased the EE alone). I bring this up because I almost sent in the wrong POP myself!!

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
I did the same thing - I sent in the proof of purchase from the DISC and not from the BOX. As a result, I also got $5 instead of $10.

My bad. :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks