What's new

Has Anyone Re-Tuned Their 25-31PC Plus To 16Hz? (1 Viewer)

James Edward

Supporting Actor
Anyone done this? And what was the result? I figure the single port would be noisy at high levels, but what about moderate?
As usual, due to my bad back and system setup, I have a difficult time making changes. So before I go through the trouble, I figured I'd ask.
Thanks for any input.

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
I have a bad back too! Going in for a second spinal fusion one of these days - so I can hear ya.

I have never plugged both ports on my 20-39PC+ - so I really can't say. With one port plugged it stays flat to 11 Hz (fortuitous room gain), so I never found the need.

You might want to try one port plug and actually measure the FR and see if your in-room response is actually better than predicted - mine certainly was.

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator
Did you already tune it to 20 Hz? Can anyone tell me how a 2531 PC+ (tuned to 20 HZ) compares with a 2039 PCi?

James Edward

Supporting Actor
Edward- And I thought I was the only one having the need for a second fusion operation. First one did not work, so I had round two in September, and the x-rays are still not conclusive on the new one. I hope you have better luck.

Josh- IMO- If you don't have a large room, go for the lower tune. I like the sub tuned to 20Hz better than 25Hz. Therefore, I wish I had gotten the 20-39 or the 16-46. A larger room might require the greater output of the higher tune, but in a smallish room, the Plus Series, even the 16-46, will have more output than you can use. I also seem to find that in my case, the lower extension interacts with my room in a more positive manner.
Also- if you have a smallish room(mine is 12x13x8) a PCi is likely to be all the sub you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks