Has Anyone Re-Tuned Their 25-31PC Plus To 16Hz?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Edward, Feb 28, 2003.

1. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

Anyone done this? And what was the result? I figure the single port would be noisy at high levels, but what about moderate?
    As usual, due to my bad back and system setup, I have a difficult time making changes. So before I go through the trouble, I figured I'd ask.
    Thanks for any input.

2. Edward J M

Edward J M Cinematographer

I have a bad back too! Going in for a second spinal fusion one of these days - so I can hear ya.

I have never plugged both ports on my 20-39PC+ - so I really can't say. With one port plugged it stays flat to 11 Hz (fortuitous room gain), so I never found the need.

You might want to try one port plug and actually measure the FR and see if your in-room response is actually better than predicted - mine certainly was.

3. Josh Wolfman

Josh Wolfman Stunt Coordinator

Did you already tune it to 20 Hz? Can anyone tell me how a 2531 PC+ (tuned to 20 HZ) compares with a 2039 PCi?

4. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

Edward- And I thought I was the only one having the need for a second fusion operation. First one did not work, so I had round two in September, and the x-rays are still not conclusive on the new one. I hope you have better luck.

Josh- IMO- If you don't have a large room, go for the lower tune. I like the sub tuned to 20Hz better than 25Hz. Therefore, I wish I had gotten the 20-39 or the 16-46. A larger room might require the greater output of the higher tune, but in a smallish room, the Plus Series, even the 16-46, will have more output than you can use. I also seem to find that in my case, the lower extension interacts with my room in a more positive manner.
    Also- if you have a smallish room(mine is 12x13x8) a PCi is likely to be all the sub you need.