Has anyone ordered from Playcentric.com?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave H, Dec 27, 2001.

1. Dave H

Dave H Producer

If so, how was your experience? I know they are in Canada - did shipping take that much longer when ordering from the U.S.?

They seem to have THE best prices on certain DVDs.

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Slow, slow, slow to deliver in the US by most accounts. They took ages to deliver my Simpsons boxset. It arrived, but the length of delay was too much for a buck or two saving.

3. BrianP

BrianP Supporting Actor

I never ordered from them but heard they charge your credit card for preorders before the items are available. I guess it wouldn't be a problem if a DVD was going to be available soon. But I wouldn't like being charged for something if I had to wait several months for it.

4. Dave H

Dave H Producer

Thanks for your responses. I think I'll stick with Deep Discount DVD. [​IMG]

5. Kurt N

Kurt N Stunt Coordinator

I'd stay away. Not only are they s-l-o-w, but they don't believe in pacaging the discs well either. Just cram them into an envelope. I got the Simpsons set from them, but will NEVER order from them again.

6. Joe Schwartz

Joe Schwartz Second Unit

I definitely do NOT recommend buying from Playcentric.com. If you ever have to return a disc, their customer service is terrible. I returned three DVDs in October, and I'm still waiting for replacements!