Has anyone ordered from GrooveMovies.com?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonPritchett, Apr 2, 2002.

1. JasonPritchett

I noticed that this website has started popping up with some great prices on DVDpricesearch.com, but I can't seem to find out much information about them. Their website is lackluster (no cover scans, few specs, etc.), but some of their prices are hard to beat (i.e., the Sinbad 3-DVD pack for $53.99).

Has anyone ordered from them before, and, if so, are they legitimate? Thanks in advance for any help!

2. James Stone

James Stone Auditioning

I placed a five- DVD order with them in March and it took nearly four weeks to get it. When it did arrive, one of the DVD cases was badly damaged (broken spindle and a crushed lower spine). I immediately wrote inquiring about the replacement procedure, but, after several days, hadn't received a reply. So I wrote again and, a week later, still no response.

This seems to be yet another example of a company with good prices but lousy service. I would recommend avoiding them and throwing your business to the dependables, like Deep Discount or Digital Eyes. As a big-league DVD buyer who has tried just about everybody on the Net, I've learned that when something seems too good to be true it usually is.