Has anyone heard the OHM brand of speakers?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by EdNichols, Dec 23, 2003.

1. EdNichols

EdNichols Second Unit

If so what is your experience with them? What have you compared them to? I see them advertised on the net but haven't seen much discussion on them.

2. Tim Fennell

Tim Fennell Stunt Coordinator

Way back in the 70's they used to make some pyramid shaped speakers called Ohm Fs. They sounded pretty good but needed lots of power.

3. ScottCarr

ScottCarr Second Unit

I pair of Ohm Ls back in the 80's. I did do a search on them about 4 months ago and was shocked to see they were still around.

4. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

A good alternative to Mirage's omnipolar speakers and Def Techs bipolars. Do some searching on Stereophile and ecoustics.com. There are a few reviews out there. I went for Mirage, but Ohm's offerings are nice too.

5. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Yes, and they run specials too.

6. John F. Palacio

John F. Palacio Supporting Actor

Weren't they the ones that came out with the "Walsh" (or something like it)midrange-tweeter driver?

Many moons ago, of course.

7. Joseph Sabato

Joseph Sabato Stunt Coordinator

Yes,

They were the ones with the Walsh driver....sounded pretty good as I recall. Being omnidirectional, they had a very spacious sound, but not the speaker to have if you like pinpoint imaging. I had the full size Magnaplaners at the time so I was not seriously looking to change.

8. ScottCarr

ScottCarr Second Unit

you old goats. sometimes it is funny when topics like this pop up we can put a time stamp on ourselves.

tim must be about 10 years older than me and probably saw the speakers at no other than Tech Hifi. I recall tech hifi being the place to go. i distinctly remember the one in Brockton Massachusetts right on the corner by the westgate mall. saw it every time going to skate at Asiaf arena by the high school.
    Happy holidays!!!!!!!