has anyone heard Paradigm on wall?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by William_Gravem, Aug 23, 2004.

1. William_Gravem

William_Gravem Stunt Coordinator

Hi,

Sorry for the barrage of posts, I am new to the hobby and have many questions.

The dealerships near me that carry paradigm, don’t stock the on wall speakers (from the monitor series.) I like the way the monitor 5’s sound, and am wondering if there is any difference between the monitor 5 and the on-wall monitor 5… or in general if there are any known problems with the on wall monitor 5.

Thank you,

---Bill

2. NathanR

NathanR Auditioning

My dealer (a good friend of mine whom I trust)tells me that the on-wall series suck... those were his very words. I was contemplating the on-wall monitor 5's for surround duty at the time, and he pretty much refused to sell them to me. If you can do the regular monitor 5's, thats what I would go with.

3. PaulDA

PaulDA Cinematographer

Paul
    On the other hand, Colin Miller at Secrets seems to have liked them. (Though Secrets has been taking a bit of a beating over here lately, I've found Colin's reviews informative and grounded in reality).

Paradigm On-Wall review

4. William_Gravem

William_Gravem Stunt Coordinator

Thank you for the advice. I think it's very awkward to buy a speaker that I haven't heard, and wasn't sure if the Monitor 5 label was quite enough to convince me.