has anyone heard of this brand "Christie"???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by GermainW, Nov 15, 2001.

1. GermainW

GermainW Extra

Christie Digital Systems makes a projector by the name of "Vivid Green". Did a search here but came back with nothing....
    Has anyone heard of this particular brand? I need to find out more...... thanks!

2. Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese Producer

Peter Apruzzese
    Christie makes professional movie theater equipment: projectors, lamphouses, platters, etc. I ran a Christie Digital projector (sorry, don't know the model number or name, but a retail of $70,000!) last summer at the Lake Placid Film Festival on a 30-foot-wide screen. Very impressive picture from Digital Betacam tapes.

3. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

We've got 4 Christie Roadie X10 projectors upstairs, stacked for image size/brightness. (Yes, we're stacking 4 10k ANSI lumen projectors for brightness. But most of the time, we only run three.)
    We have a lot of issues with them that really are tied to our control system programming, stacking and the related image alignment issues, and physical access to the projectors (they're 24' off the floor.)
    Christie Digital, fyi, aquired Electrohome some years ago, so you may be able to find other projector references under that name.
    Their Vivid series is fairly new to the street, and from what I know are smaller projectors for the small industrial market (as opposed to the large industrial or D-cinema.)
    I believe one of them may be a D-ILA projector (using JVC's engine,) but other than that, the best advice I can really offer is to go visit their website, www.christiedigital.com
    Leo Kerr
    [email protected]

4. GermainW

GermainW Extra

[​IMG]
    Thanks a lot for the info, guys. I think this model ("Vivid Green") is fairly new to the market and that's probably why I can't find much info. here....
    I'll check the links provided.

5. JohanK

JohanK Second Unit

I was told Electrohome is now Christie Digital but I have not confirmed this.

6. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    Yes, Christie bought the CRT projector division of Electrohome. Electrohome is a large Canadian conglomerate so the company still exists on its own.