Has anyone heard of these JBL tower speakers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg Br, Dec 22, 2001.

1. Greg Br

Greg Br Second Unit

I have a chance to aquire a set of HP 420 JBL towers. They seem to sound pretty good(I do not have an audiophile ear) but know very little about them. They are black and are hexagon shaped. The only visable speakers are a 4 inch mid-range and a tweeter, there is also a bass adjustment knob on the bottem of the speaker. If anyone has used the speekers or has heard of them and could give me a idea if they worth anything that would be great.

2. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

Hi Greg,
    You might try contacting JBL by phone or e-mail... They should be able to tell you when they where made, and thier suggested retail at that time.
    They may also be able to provide spec data.
    Being a non-currant selling line (im assumeing), JBL getting back to you could be slow if at all.
    ----------
    I have attempted to aquire information ~{on currant}~ JBL products before threw e-mail. Two different times on two different products, and they responded to only one of them.
    ----------
    If no one chimes in with info, this is something you might try. I would try the telephone first, as a live voice, if you can get one, is always a better faster deal!
    Sorry can't offer more... [​IMG]
    Regards
    Geoff