Has anyone heard of Peppino D'agostino ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by anthony_b, Aug 15, 2002.

1. anthony_b

anthony_b Screenwriter

In particular have you heard his DVD-A ?....I enjoy acoustic music and this artist was recommended.

2. Chris Madalena

Chris Madalena Stunt Coordinator

Have not heard the dvd-a disc, but have heard him play. He's an amazing flamenco guitarist.

3. anthony_b

anthony_b Screenwriter

I'll pick up his DVD-A....Is he along the lines of Ottmar Liebert ?

4. Craig F

Craig F Second Unit

Craig
    I was rather disappointed in this discs content. I love acoustic guitar and there is way too much percussion on this disc. If you are looking for a disc full of more traditional guitar music, this is not it.

5. anthony_b

anthony_b Screenwriter

Craig, can you recommend any other DVD-A with this type of music ?...perhaps ZIROQ ?

6. Brian Burgoyne

Brian Burgoyne Second Unit

I don't think I was disappointed like Craig, but he makes a point. I really like Ottmar Liebert, but it isn't anything like that. I have heard good things about Ziroq and have thought about getting it too. Since there are not many acoustic choices out there for DVD-A, I think you may enjoy Peppino. The discs from AIX have a lot of great extras and are recorded very well.

7. Craig F

Craig F Second Unit

Craig
    Anthony,

I have not heard the Ziroq disc and I do not know of any other DVD-A with this type of music.

8. Marc_E

Marc_E Supporting Actor

Diggin up an old thread. I love this disc. Beautiful. My first AIX recording and NOT the last. Gonna order some more.
    Marc

9. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

I totally dig this one. Yes, there is a lot of percussion. Well, that sort of comes with having a percussion player on the album. The guitar player is very, very good.

10. Micahel C

Micahel C Stunt Coordinator

Marc, Totally agree on this awesome disc. I'm patiently waiting for the upcoming AIX Dorian Michael: Acoustic Blues which should be excellent as well. You might also try the afore mentioned Ziroq which is an amazing sounding disc as well.

11. Mark_Waldrep

Mark_Waldrep Stunt Coordinator

I appreciate the positive comments posted on AIX's releases and especially the Peppino D'Agostino and Juan van Emmerloot guitar and percussion project. I thought I would add a couple of comments to this thread.

Peppino was recommended to me by my good friend Dorian Michael (also a guitar player...his title with guests Laurence Juber and Albert Lee will be done by CES...I hope). He plays with a particularly percussive style, lots of tapping and aggressive picking which works really well with the percussion. As a guitarist myself, I find his playing extremely expressive and engaging...this is my assistant's favorite AIX project. His sensitivity and musicianship are first rate. The sound of his guitar in this recording is also pretty astounding.

12. Jo_M

Jo_M Stunt Coordinator

I just purchased the DVD-A disc after it was recommended to me. I have a CD called Guitar FingerStyle 2 which I love. I was looking for more CD's just like it. Someone recommended Peppino and I really like it. The DTS, DD and DVD-A tracks are excellent. I'd love some more recommendations along the same lines.

13. Micahel C

Micahel C Stunt Coordinator

Another great DVD-A title to check out is Steve Stevens: Flamenco A Go-Go from DTS Entertainment.