Has Anyone Heard of Graeter's Ice Cream?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Chuck C, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

If so, what do you like about it? If not, name some of your favorite local ice cream shops.

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

Very good stuff. I haven't been to one in a while, but when I went there more often a few years ago, I know that if you ordered a flavor with chocolate chips, some of the chocolate "chips" would be more like huge chunks. Have you been to the new Cold Stone Creamery uptown yet, Chuck? I haven't been to that specific one, but I've been to one in California, it's a good place to go. They'll sing if you put money in the tip jar.

3. David Lawson

David Lawson Screenwriter

David Lawson
    The Baskin-Robbins in Oxford closed, didn't it?

As far as local parlors go, Aglamesis Brothers is considerably better than Graeter's. I do like a couple of Graeter's flavors of the month, like cinnamon and coconut, but I won't touch anything with the chocolate chips, which have a distinct waxiness to them.

4. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

I didn't even know one existed, so it must've closed in August 2001 or before.

5. Eric Kahn

Eric Kahn Guest

United dairy farmers has the best normal chocolate ice cream, I have had both graeters and Aglamesis and they were not as good, do not really try other flavors other than mint chocolate chip

6. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

I love Graeter's Ice Cream. If you're a huge fan of chocolate chips, you'll love all of their flavors. My personal favorites are Black Rasberry Chip and Cookie Dough Chip.

But my favorite ice cream is still Cold Stone Creamery. I used to think Sweet Cream was the greatest.....until I tried Cake Batter Ice Cream. [​IMG]