What's new

Has anyone heard of DVD-A break in time ? (1 Viewer)

anthony_b

Screenwriter
Everyone seems to mention break in time for SACD players but I don't think I've read of anyone having there DVD-A players "broken in "...Any reason for that ?

Jagan Seshadri

Supporting Actor
People take time to get used to new tonal balances. Eventually they get used to the new sound. This is break-in.

Other people believe that electronics need to be broken in (well, the analog stages at least). Perhaps true, but not nearly as prevalent as with old-fashioned vacuum tube technology which actually needs warm-up time.

-JNS

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Anthony, excellent question. Many people say that one should break in the SACD and CD sections on Sony SACD players for 300-400 hours each. However, I have never heard anyone talk about specific break-in times for DVD-Audio players. Much of the talk of long break-in times for SACD players has appeared on Audio Asylum, which is heavily biased towards SACD. I have read very little about break-in times for DVD-Audio players there.
I have never experienced break-in on any of my components, be they CD, SACD, or DVD-Audio players. Jagan makes a compelling point about break-in (of solid-state components) being more of a psychoacoustic phenomenon than a physical one, though I don't really want to start a debate here. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks