Has anyone had to bring back their reciever to CC for repair?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike__D, Nov 30, 2001.

1. Mike__D

Mike__D Supporting Actor

Sadly, I have to bring my new Onkyo 595 back to CC for repair. The DSP mode keeps switching itself for no reason.
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...ight=onkyo+595
    It only did it on cable tv, but yesterday it did twice while I was playing my Gamecube and has been doing it at least once a day on cable TV.
    So, for anyone that had to bring it back for repairs, how long did it take to get repaired? I bought the 36 month service contract from CC, don't know if it was worth it yet, since the reciever is still under warranty.
    Thanks,
    Mike D.

2. Gerard Martin

Gerard Martin Second Unit

If its still in the 30 day return period
    I would return it and get a new one
    if not while I have not had receivers
    repaired by CC I have had appliances
    repaired average repair time 10-14
    days. Repairs were from fair to very
    good.

3. Thomas_A

Thomas_A Second Unit

I have had a couple things repaired at cc and have had great results. My sub got fried when my house got hit by lightning... they fixed it.. still running 3yrs later. Also..they just worked on my panny DVD player and works better than it did when I bought it..though they probaly just zapped the eprom...One thing..I had a call by the Tech personaly and we talked about my issues...then he gave me a direct # to him at the shop if I still had issues when I got it home... thats pretty good I think!
    Luckily..it worked great...
    I would not worry about it...at least my area
    [​IMG]

4. Mike__D

Mike__D Supporting Actor

Tom,
    How long did it take to fix from CC? I just cringe at the thought of unhooking everything then hooking my old Pioneer Reecvier back up. If it's only gonna be a week, I might be able to put up with my Vega speakers... but then again, I don't have audio sources going to the TV except for my Gamecube. Damn, it's gonna be a pain. [​IMG]
    Thank,
    Mike D.

5. Thomas_A

Thomas_A Second Unit

oops...forgot that part...well the one in my area...I had it in on wed and had it back the following monday- then again..they did not have to order any parts...

My sub..I believe took about 2 weeks

the norm is about 7-10 business days depending on parts needed!

I understand your concern

I had to have my 56" go into service (notcc).. luckily only 6 day turn around... just some resisters on the video board...

but good luck

6. MarkO

MarkO Second Unit

I had a reciever repaired there. It had a similar problem. The center channel in Prologic mode cut out on me. Took about a week and a half, but it came back with no scratches and a new prologic board. The cool thing was it was two months out of waranty, but after a call to harman/kardon they gave me a repair order number to relay to the CC repair shop to fix the unit for free. Its about 8 years old now and still works great.