Has anyone framed Laserdisc covers for HT decoration?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Chris T. Kennedy, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Chris T. Kennedy

Chris T. Kennedy Stunt Coordinator

I'm thinking about framing some Laserdisc covers and hanging them on the wall. Anyone do this? What did you frame?

My main question is - what frame did you use? It seems to me that you could waltz into a Hobby Lobby and Michaels and buy those frames for LPs, but perhaps there is a slight size difference? What works?

Thanks,
    C.K.

2. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Glenise

You had three replies each with a dead link. Deleted all of them - can you repost?

I'm also interested in Chris' question as I have considered this in the past. During the laserdisc selloff era I bought a second set of the last original Star Wars trilogy (ie. pre-SE). Still have them off to the side, new and sealed. My thought was a mount whereby they each open with the inner gatefold showing, or closed with one of the discs (without wrapper) halfway out. Never could come up with something that really worked though. The inner images are so nice but I'd like to see the outside also.

3. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

That's a great idea! Might have to look into some frames myself...

4. Glenise

Glenise Supporting Actor

5. Chris T. Kennedy

Chris T. Kennedy Stunt Coordinator

I ended up picking up some LP frames from Michael's that cost all of $4.99 each. They are designed to hold double albums as well as your average single LP album. They seem to work fine for Laserdiscs as well.

6. Jasen

Jasen Auditioning

So I frame my original Star Wars LD covers, where do I now store my discs so I can still watch them without having to take down the frames every time?