What's new

Has anyone ever seen Mona McCluskey (1965) with Juliet Prowse? (1 Viewer)

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I was able to see just 1 episode of the show and I loved it. It starred Juliet Prowse and Denny Miller. It was just a simple, fun show about an actress who marries an Air Force officer who insists they live on his salary alone. It had hints of "I Love Lucy" as Mona tries unsuccessfully to scheme her way around Mike's rule. Really cute show. It's a shame it hasn't resurfaced. I'd love to see other episodes.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Elena S

Supporting Actor
Yes, I watched the show every week. I really enjoyed it. Haven't seen it since it first aired.

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
The worst show to premier in 1965, a total train wreck. Wasn't it the first series cancelled that year, IIRC?

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
It would be great to see it released on dvd. Besides the one episode, other episodes are very hard to find.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
According the the IMDB, this was made by George Burns' McCadden Productions thru United Artists. So, the rights are either with the Burns family or MGM/UA/Sony.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Ah, I see. I wonder if the Burns family have any interest in its release. I know Denny Miller would probably love to see it on dvd. He played Mike. He has fond memories of making the show and he talks about it a little on his site.

AJC711

Auditioning
Real Name
AJ Castellano
I'm glad I found this site! I have been looking for the "Meet Mona McCluskey" series and I can not find ANY episodes at all - I thought it was a great show just because of Juliet Prowse. Please let me know where I can find them!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Never watched it at the time but I've seen a few of them at archives. Really bad and unfunny and Prowse is difficult to understand with her weird accent. Another one of those shows which if it was better remembered would be included in those worst shows of all time discussions.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I was young, but I did watch it (it didn't run long). Denny Miller played her husband in it (I think), and I remember liking him on the show.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I am thinking I remember a show titled "The Juliet Prowse Show", but now I am wondering if I am confusing it with "Mona McClusky". Or did Juliet Prowse have another show she starred in? I don't remember watching it, but I remember hearing a show advertised that had Juliet Prowse as one of the main stars. Amazing what tidbits can stick in one's mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks