What's new

Has anyone else received an email from this guy ? (1 Viewer)

anthony_b

Screenwriter
Sammy Wax ?...

Oziegbe street
Ilupeju, Palmgrove
Lagos.
Nigeria.
Zip Code: 23401

His request freaked me out so much I took my player off the market...It had something to do about doing him a favor, and that he will pay you with his international credit card ?!....I don't think so...

anthony_b

Screenwriter
Sammy Wax ?...

Oziegbe street
Ilupeju, Palmgrove
Lagos.
Nigeria.
Zip Code: 23401

His request freaked me out so much I took my player off the market...It had something to do about doing him a favor, and that he will pay you with his international credit card ?!....I don't think so...

anthony_b

Screenwriter
This guy was asking me to purchase cell phones for him and an estimate how much the phones plus my SACD player would be delivered to Nigeria !!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

anthony_b

Screenwriter
This guy was asking me to purchase cell phones for him and an estimate how much the phones plus my SACD player would be delivered to Nigeria !!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Edwin_H

Stunt Coordinator
I had a guy who wanted me to buy him a cell phone once before. He also fed me a story about a cashier's check that his secretary sent to the wrong address. Yeah, right. His English was terrible so I'm assuming it's probably the same guy. People like this amaze me.

Edwin_H

Stunt Coordinator
I had a guy who wanted me to buy him a cell phone once before. He also fed me a story about a cashier's check that his secretary sent to the wrong address. Yeah, right. His English was terrible so I'm assuming it's probably the same guy. People like this amaze me.

Stan Rich

Stunt Coordinator
World is overflowing with people like this...Whats amazing is that some people fall for this type of scam!!

Stan Rich

Stunt Coordinator
World is overflowing with people like this...Whats amazing is that some people fall for this type of scam!!

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
What he does is offer to buy, sends you a US money order though you ship international. But he will accidently send you too much. You'll email to tell him and he'll tell you just to send a money order with the difference. Turns out the money order is junk and if you send him the refund money order your out of luck.

Kevin

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
What he does is offer to buy, sends you a US money order though you ship international. But he will accidently send you too much. You'll email to tell him and he'll tell you just to send a money order with the difference. Turns out the money order is junk and if you send him the refund money order your out of luck.

Kevin

MattSimpson

Auditioning
But like you guys say, the sad truth is that ppl do fall for it. If they weren't getting paid with this scammy method, they'd move on to something else... The fact that it's so prolific means it's successful :frowning:

George Caronan

Stunt Coordinator
I was advertising some gear for sale at a audio/video website and I was contacted by an individual from the UK. It usually goes like this:

1. The buyer claims that he has an associate that will pay via a cashiers check that is WAY above your selling price.

2. You are instructed to cash the instrument, deduct your selling price plus costs and send the balance to a SECOND party somewhere in Europe.

3. After #2, then you wait for a THIRD party in the US to contact you to pick up your gear.

The payment will come from South Africa drawn on a US cashiers' check. If you decide to do such a thing, if the cashiers' check is bogus then you're out of the money then S.O.L. with getting it back. Yes, it is all too good to be true to begin with along with the fact that the Emails weren't very well written with broken English. How do I know the above? I asked them how it would be conducted not knowing any better. For starters, the amount they were going to send which was over three times the selling price was enough of a red flag to make me think. Afterwards, I told them I sold it to someone else. Since then, I've received three such inquiries whereupon I never bothered to reply. It did make for interesting reading though. Be careful out there folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks