What's new

Has anyone else noticed... (1 Viewer)

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
...that Wendy's fries have tasted terrible since Dave Thomas died? It has never failed when I get home from the drive-thru that my fries: don't have salt, are squishy and gooey, and taste disgusting. They're so bad that I can barely eat a couple before having to throw them away. Has this happened with anyone else?

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
the wendy's here in town is terrible, the worst I've ever eaten at. Their fries are always mushy and cold, they *always* forget stuff at the drivethrough :frowning: it really sucks. One time I got chili, and they didn't exactly put a lid on it, I mean they did but didn't snap it down (this was through the drive thru mind you :frowning: )

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Twice I've tried to order grilled chicken and they told me they're all sold out.

But that pales to an experience I recently had at a Subway. They were out of roast beef for the Club sandwich, the only potato chip flavors they had left was salt & vinegar and sour cream & onion, and there was an enormous fruit punch spill on the floor right in front of the cash register that they couldn't be bothered to mop up.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Brian, his death must have a left bad taste in your mouth! *nyuck nyuck*

(I hope nobody adds me to their ignore list!)

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
On the contrary, I think Wendy's fries are the best fast food fries around. I have not noticed a decline in any of their food since Dave Thomas passed.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Hey Jeff, you got a typo in your .sig!

I heard that McDonald's uses beef extract in their french fries. If true, that would explain why they taste so good!

Hmm, I really gotta finish that "Fast Food Nation" book I picked up a few weeks ago.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
All you gotta do is ask to wait for hot fries. Of course, you actually have to go INSIDE the place to do this, but my mom always does it when we go to fast food places and we never fail to get hot fries. And if they're still not hot, take 'em back. Also, I don't think Wendy's salts their fries, so you have to DIY.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wendys Fries and hamburgers tasted bad even before Dave died. Their salads weren't bad though. The Mandarin Chicken and Taco salads were pretty good. I haven't been to a Wendys for awhile.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The only fast food place(s) that have really bad food/service around here are the KFCs. I've been to ones in other states, and they were great, but around here they're really dirty and the people working there hate it. The food isn't that great either.

The Wendy's places are pretty good, though I prefer McDonald's. They have (IMO) the BEST french fries (I don't like thick fries and they taste really good).

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I dunnno bout you guys, but i love my local wendy's...

LOOOOVE the Taco Supremo salad, and the SPicy chicken sandwich.. cant be beat.. i eat either one of those whenever i go... yummy

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I LOOOOOOOOVE Wendy's spicy chicken sandwiches, when they're done right. I haven't had one in months.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
McDonalds stopped using beef tallow in their fries several years ago. Old story. Burger King uses flour to make their fires crispy. Don't like them as unless they are right out of the fryer they tend to be cardboardy in my opinion.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
I also love Wendy's. Over here, the restaurants are clean and the food is reasonably fresh and hot. Either it's a local thing or we haven't received our Soylent Dave yet. :D

AaronNWilson

Second Unit
I find all of the fast food joints to be rather disgusting, simply because of their lack of desire to serve freshly prepared food. However sometimes I do go for a chubby chicken combo from A&W. The only reason I ever go to McDonalds is because its so fast, the fries are hot and its so cheap.

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Uh-oh...I think the soylent Dave arrived at our local Wendy's. The burger tastes exceptionally good tonight. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks