Has anyone else noticed...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Harnish, May 5, 2002.

1. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

...that Wendy's fries have tasted terrible since Dave Thomas died? It has never failed when I get home from the drive-thru that my fries: don't have salt, are squishy and gooey, and taste disgusting. They're so bad that I can barely eat a couple before having to throw them away. Has this happened with anyone else?

2. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

the wendy's here in town is terrible, the worst I've ever eaten at. Their fries are always mushy and cold, they *always* forget stuff at the drivethrough [​IMG] it really sucks. One time I got chili, and they didn't exactly put a lid on it, I mean they did but didn't snap it down (this was through the drive thru mind you [​IMG] )

3. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

Twice I've tried to order grilled chicken and they told me they're all sold out.

But that pales to an experience I recently had at a Subway. They were out of roast beef for the Club sandwich, the only potato chip flavors they had left was salt & vinegar and sour cream & onion, and there was an enormous fruit punch spill on the floor right in front of the cash register that they couldn't be bothered to mop up.

4. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

Brian, his death must have a left bad taste in your mouth! *nyuck nyuck*

(I hope nobody adds me to their ignore list!)

5. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

On the contrary, I think Wendy's fries are the best fast food fries around. I have not noticed a decline in any of their food since Dave Thomas passed.

6. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

Hey Jeff, you got a typo in your .sig!

I heard that McDonald's uses beef extract in their french fries. If true, that would explain why they taste so good!

Hmm, I really gotta finish that "Fast Food Nation" book I picked up a few weeks ago.

7. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Screenwriter

8. Richard Cooper

Richard Cooper Stunt Coordinator

9. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

All you gotta do is ask to wait for hot fries. Of course, you actually have to go INSIDE the place to do this, but my mom always does it when we go to fast food places and we never fail to get hot fries. And if they're still not hot, take 'em back. Also, I don't think Wendy's salts their fries, so you have to DIY.

10. Edwin-S

Edwin-S Producer
    Supporter

Wendys Fries and hamburgers tasted bad even before Dave died. Their salads weren't bad though. The Mandarin Chicken and Taco salads were pretty good. I haven't been to a Wendys for awhile.

11. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

The only fast food place(s) that have really bad food/service around here are the KFCs. I've been to ones in other states, and they were great, but around here they're really dirty and the people working there hate it. The food isn't that great either.

The Wendy's places are pretty good, though I prefer McDonald's. They have (IMO) the BEST french fries (I don't like thick fries and they taste really good).

12. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    I dunnno bout you guys, but i love my local wendy's...

LOOOOVE the Taco Supremo salad, and the SPicy chicken sandwich.. cant be beat.. i eat either one of those whenever i go... yummy

13. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

I LOOOOOOOOVE Wendy's spicy chicken sandwiches, when they're done right. I haven't had one in months.

14. Rain

Rain Producer

Two words:
    Soylent Dave
    [​IMG]

15. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

McDonalds stopped using beef tallow in their fries several years ago. Old story. Burger King uses flour to make their fires crispy. Don't like them as unless they are right out of the fryer they tend to be cardboardy in my opinion.

16. Brian Bunn

Brian Bunn Second Unit

"They ALWAYS F*** you in the drive thru!"

17. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron
    I also love Wendy's. Over here, the restaurants are clean and the food is reasonably fresh and hot. Either it's a local thing or we haven't received our Soylent Dave yet. [​IMG]

18. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Screenwriter

19. AaronNWilson

AaronNWilson Second Unit

I find all of the fast food joints to be rather disgusting, simply because of their lack of desire to serve freshly prepared food. However sometimes I do go for a chubby chicken combo from A&W. The only reason I ever go to McDonalds is because its so fast, the fries are hot and its so cheap.

20. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

Uh-oh...I think the soylent Dave arrived at our local Wendy's. The burger tastes exceptionally good tonight. [​IMG]