Has anyone else noticed something odd about the Bang & Olufsen TVs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Charles Bunnag, Aug 27, 2001.

1. Charles Bunnag

I dont really care for B&O (they've got really cool looking stuff but just way overpriced for the quality)except one day I decided to walk into one of their show rooms to have a look. The guy their showed me one of their HT systems, while it sounded ok, the image on the tv looked really weird. The picture itself was fine, but the motion was all off. It seemed like the framerate was too fast. Almost like the picure was slightly sped up. Then the guy working their started bragging about how good the picture looked and I just had to leave. I could just BS and say it looked great. So does anyone have any idea what Im talking about, or are my eyes crazy?

2. Edwin-S

Edwin-S Lead Actor
    Supporter

Is the TV capable of displaying PAL and NTSC signals? If it is, they might have had this set up for PAL display. I have read that PAL discs have a slight speed up compared to NTSC. Maybe that is what you were noticing, with the motion being slightly off. Anyone else care to clarify or correct me if I am wrong?
    ------------------

3. Charles Bunnag

I thought about the possiblity or PAL vs. NTSC also, but I never really looked into it. I think I've seen PAL before but it didnt look this off. It was just a weird moving image. Oh well. No big deal, not like I eally cared for the TV, I just thjought it was interesting.