Has anyone else kept their pool closed this year?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by StephenA, Jun 26, 2003.

1. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

I have due to it being a bad late spring with so much rain and the temperature being cool. It'd be a waste of electricity, plus the rain would keep dilluting the chemicals. Hopefully I'll get to open it within the next couple weeks.

It's strange though, because I used to open mine in April, but haven't the past couple years due to the spring being too crappy.

2. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Bet you're wishing it was open right about now. [​IMG]

3. Rain

Rain Producer

I'm just wishing I had a pool. [​IMG]

4. Rain

Rain Producer

Oops, double

5. Eric_L

Eric_L Screenwriter

Rain - be careful what you wish for....

I had a pool and it was a P A I N.

The chemicals were impossible to keep balanced, the dang thing needs sweeping more often than I eat, just one leaf would seem to throw the filter into a fit and the goddam sweeper would make figure 8's for no good reason. All so I could soak in it for a few hours a week.

I HATED that thing! It was my white whale. I sold that house and swore never again. Now my sister has a pool and it is perfect- because I never have to clean it. She lives nearby and I take the kids there for fun. If I ever get a pool again it will come with a weekly pool service.

I am about 48 hours away from taking delivery on a new hot tub. I pray it is not the monster it's big brother was. (my white porpoise?)

Now, you being a bachelor, it could be a good thing. I'd suggest a hot-tub first. Skinny dipping is much more fun in those! But keggers are more fun in pools. As far as I care the best pools are other peoples. You decide for yourself, just don't say I didn't warn you! [​IMG]

6. Rain

Rain Producer

Don't worry, there is very little chance that I will be able to afford a pool or a hot tub at any time in the near future. [​IMG]