What's new

Has anyone else actually tried to read the 'Book of the Dead'? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I was just curious, because if you look REALLY hard, you can actually make out letters and words on certain pages.

I suppose it's for the best that we can't read the whole thing, unleashing legions of the undead into the world can SERIOUSLY ruin your weekend!

EDIT: After thinking about it, I think this is one for the After Hours area. OOPS! :b

Kai Zas

Second Unit
Just search this (the software) forum for a translation, it's been posted a couple of times.

John P Grosskopf

Second Unit
The Book of the Dead (Necronomicon) scares me!
I read it once in 1994, and like magic, John Travolta's career suddenly came back to life!
Eerie huh? :laugh:

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I know what you mean. Just go check out Battle Field Earth. I still can't beleive I paid to see this in the theaters. Talk about 2 hours of my life I'll never get back:angry:

John P Grosskopf

Second Unit
Dude, you totally need to read it again then. Whatever it did is wearing off FAST!
I guess the Necronomicon acts like the cemetary in Pet Semetary. It brings people back to a cursed half-life.
I'm not touching it ever again because it's too unpredictable. You never know what's going to happen. If I read it again, maybe the careers of Vanilla Ice or M.C. Hammer might be raised from the dead!
I just can't take the risk of what reading it might do to humanity. The horror is just too unimaginable. :eek:

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Please don't touch it. Groups like ABBA and Air Supply might also make a comeback. Now that's scary.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Ahhh, so THAT explains why a sequel to Battlefield Earth is being planned! I knew their had to be a reason.

Now, where the hell did I put those missing pages!?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks