What's new

has anyone dealt with hifi.com? (1 Viewer)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Yes, they are fine. The only thing is to get stuff from them when they have a good sale. Otherwise their prices are generally high.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I've never bought from hifi.com but their prices are often the same as what you would find at brick and mortar stores. Www.hifi.com is much like Crutchfield in that regard. Hifi.com does sell Marantz and Cambridge SoundWorks gear, which makes them unique. Actually, hifi.com Cambridge SoundWorks, and Creative Labs (Nomad Jukebox) are the same company. I don't hear much one way or the other about Cambridge SoundWorks speakers, but I would consider ordering from hifi.com if I were in the market for Marantz gear. Hifi.com's 45-day money-back guarantee is a nice benefit.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I deal with Cambridge quite a bit, as they have an outlet in a near-by city, where they carry floor demos, blemishes and overstock. They sell direct, so they have less overhead, which allows them to basically have sales constantly. Yes, you want to buy when they have a sale, as their prices are not the best.
I have listened to all their speakers, and all of the lower line "Cambridge" label speakers did not impress me at all. Their tiny cube arrangements do not have much clarity, but the subs are decent for the price.
Their higher line, the Newton series, are very good, but you can get other speakers that are as good or better for less money. The Newton subs, P1000 and P500 are AWSOME.
They carried Celestion for a while, but I'm not sure they do anymore. They may have evolved into the Newton line.
------------------
All progress is based upon a universal, inate desire on the part of every organism, to live beyond it's income.
ITRCA ** Honda/Acura Club ** Link Removed (sorry, car guy)

I bought my Marantz receiver from them a couple of months ago. They do have high prices in general, but they did have a pretty good sale going on at the time ($100 off purchases over $600 I think).
You can also save an additional 5% off of an online order at hifi.com if you join and order through ebates.com
http://www.ebates.com/stores_category.go?category_id=8
If you do join ebates, I would appreciate it if you said that [email protected] referred you.
There are also some coupons listed at FatWallet.com that could save you some $$$ also:
Link Removed
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.