Has anyone compared the Proceed AVP-2 vs. Anthem AVM-20

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by chung_sotheby, Mar 6, 2004.

1. chung_sotheby

chung_sotheby Supporting Actor

Well, the title says it all. I am looking only for comnparisons of sound quality. I know that the Anthem has a few extra bells and whistles and some more features, but the Proceed is available really cheap right now from Authorized Dealers, and it is a $6k unit with amazing SHARC processors. Looking to only use this unit as a preamp, and not as a video processor (HD signals go directly to TV). If anyone has any information concerning how these units sonically stack up against each other, please let me know asap. Thanks

edit: Also, how do these units compare with the Krell Showcase processor in terms of sound quality only, if anyone has done a comparison of all three or two of the three. Thanks

2. chung_sotheby

chung_sotheby Supporting Actor

Anyone? Bueller?

3. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll Supporting Actor

I would be interested in hearing any comparisons, also. My inclination would be that the AVP-2 would sound better than the AVM-20, but I have very little to base that on, other than the comments from quite a few AVP-2 owners. I often see comments that they can't find another pre-pro with DPL-II and/or component video switching that sounds as good as their AVP-2 in a similar price range.