Has anyone compared NAD receivers with their amps?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by EdNichols, Mar 23, 2004.

1. EdNichols

EdNichols Second Unit

Presently I have the T762 which sounds great but I was wondering if I would notice a difference in sound if I were to go with a separate NAD amp. I can get a 2 channel pretty resonable. Just wondered if anyone has gone from the receiver to the amp? I also wonder if the amp section in the T762 is about the same as in the separate amp.

2. James L

James L Auditioning

Can't really say much about the receiver as I have a Denon, but I have the C270 amp (great deal BTW), and it sounds much better than using the receiver's internal amp to power my front speakers!

3. Rogozhin

Rogozhin Stunt Coordinator

I ran the T752 against a NAD 314 (driving mains) (bypassing preamp) and there was no difference.

rogo

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Sound wise, it wouldn't make a huge difference, but you will still have more headroom with the external compared to the receiver. IMO, there should be a difference, and I did receive an increase in performance when I did this. You will also free up a little power in the receiver by not having it drive all the speakers. This is exactly how I have my system right now - receiver is driving only the center and two rears (no place to put 7.1), my mains are driven by monoblocks.