What's new

Has anyone compared NAD receivers with their amps? (1 Viewer)

EdNichols

Second Unit
Presently I have the T762 which sounds great but I was wondering if I would notice a difference in sound if I were to go with a separate NAD amp. I can get a 2 channel pretty resonable. Just wondered if anyone has gone from the receiver to the amp? I also wonder if the amp section in the T762 is about the same as in the separate amp.

James L

Auditioning
Can't really say much about the receiver as I have a Denon, but I have the C270 amp (great deal BTW), and it sounds much better than using the receiver's internal amp to power my front speakers!

Rogozhin

Stunt Coordinator
I ran the T752 against a NAD 314 (driving mains) (bypassing preamp) and there was no difference.

rogo

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Sound wise, it wouldn't make a huge difference, but you will still have more headroom with the external compared to the receiver. IMO, there should be a difference, and I did receive an increase in performance when I did this. You will also free up a little power in the receiver by not having it drive all the speakers. This is exactly how I have my system right now - receiver is driving only the center and two rears (no place to put 7.1), my mains are driven by monoblocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks