Has anyone compared JVC Vs. Panasonic progressive dvd players?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Keir H, Dec 24, 2001.

1. Keir H

Keir H Second Unit

I hear alot of good things about the RP-91 and was wondering if it's viable upgrade to my Pioneer DVD 414 which has been good to me for quite sometime. I have a Panasonic 47 HDTV now so I'm thinking of going progressive. I've seen good things on some JVC players as well (JVC 723D??). I'd like dvd audio but unsure if it's worth downmixing to 2 ch. given the fact that I haven't 5.1 inputs on my HK AVP1. thanks.

2. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Well I actually have not heard the Panasonic dvd player. I have heard great things about it though. I own the JVC XV-723GD. And it has been one of the least inexpensive and best upgrades I have ever made. The difference betwen interlaced and progressive signals are night and day. I know you can get the JVS for under $299 which is alot less the the Panasonic. Also regariding dvd audio, 2 channel mode still sounds good. And if you ever upgrade you receiver to one with 5.1 outputs then you are covered. Dvd audio is pretty much an added bonus due to the progressive scan is worth the price alone!