Has anyone bought "The Road Home" DVD in Canada?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mohsen Sadeghi, Jan 1, 2002.

1. Mohsen Sadeghi

Mohsen Sadeghi Stunt Coordinator

DVD Express lists "The Road Home" in "ships in 2-3 business days" category so it has been released but I have not seen it at any store over here in Canada.

Has anyone seen the disk? How does it look? Any info on availability in Canada?

2. MichaelPe

MichaelPe Screenwriter

I almost picked this one up when I was in Boston last weekend, but decided not to when I noticed the $30 USD price tag. [​IMG]
    FutureShop Online has it for $36.99, but "out of stock".
    But Chapters/Indigo has it in-stock for $52.69. [​IMG]

3. Lance Nichols

Lance Nichols Supporting Actor

4. Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin Supporting Actor

Chapters/Indigo's pricing is outrageous! I had bought a few DVDs through them when they were still just Chapters. Needless to say, I don't shop there anymore. For me, it's either online orders through Futureshop.ca or I just walk into my local Wal-Mart (who, 9 times out of 10 has a DVD for cheaper than even Future Shop).

5. Lance Nichols

Lance Nichols Supporting Actor

Ugh, I avoid Wal-mart like the plauge. Their corparate policies on stocking items, no their outright censorship policies leave me cold, and it scares me that one department store has enough clout to force their choices on others, both the retail consumer, and the distributors.

Since they have come up to Canada I have been into ONE, and that was to get tools to repair a truck I was driving across Canada, the only place open at the time.

6. MichaelPe

MichaelPe Screenwriter

7. Mohsen Sadeghi

Mohsen Sadeghi Stunt Coordinator

Thank you guys for your replies.