What's new

Has anyone bought "The Road Home" DVD in Canada? (1 Viewer)

Mohsen Sadeghi

Stunt Coordinator
DVD Express lists "The Road Home" in "ships in 2-3 business days" category so it has been released but I have not seen it at any store over here in Canada.

Has anyone seen the disk? How does it look? Any info on availability in Canada?

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
I almost picked this one up when I was in Boston last weekend, but decided not to when I noticed the $30 USD price tag. :eek:
Link Removed has it for $36.99, but "out of stock".
But Chapters/Indigo has it in-stock for $52.69. :)

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
But Chapters/Indigo has it in-stock for $52.69.
If anyone from Chapters/Indigo reads these sites, that is why I no longer buy DVDs from you. Hell, it's cheaper to buy a disk from the States, have it imported, pay the duties and huge doller value difference then it is to buy from Chapters/Indigo. Heck, even HMV is cheaper.
OH, while we are on the pricing thing, I got an HMV gift cirtificate for Christmas from the in-laws. I wnet downtown and nearly choked on the pricing for some discs. I took a whole handful of ST:TOS discs to the counter and asked them if they would pricematch. HMV price: 25.99 per disc, Futureshop, and others: 19.99.
HMV's answer: "No, we don't match with Futureshop, they get discounts because of volume."
Ah, excuse me? HMV is Canada's largest music/video retailer now that Sams has left.... How can they NOT get "bulk order discounts". :)

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Chapters/Indigo's pricing is outrageous! I had bought a few DVDs through them when they were still just Chapters. Needless to say, I don't shop there anymore. For me, it's either online orders through Futureshop.ca or I just walk into my local Wal-Mart (who, 9 times out of 10 has a DVD for cheaper than even Future Shop).

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Ugh, I avoid Wal-mart like the plauge. Their corparate policies on stocking items, no their outright censorship policies leave me cold, and it scares me that one department store has enough clout to force their choices on others, both the retail consumer, and the distributors.

Since they have come up to Canada I have been into ONE, and that was to get tools to repair a truck I was driving across Canada, the only place open at the time.

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
I just walk into my local Wal-Mart (who, 9 times out of 10 has a DVD for cheaper than even Future Shop).
If that's the case, then go to Future Shop and ask them to beat their price. Whenever a title I want is cheaper at Wal-Mart, I just walk over to Future Shop and ask them to honor their lowest-price guarantee and I get the title for 10% less than at Wal-Mart - no questions asked. :D

Mohsen Sadeghi

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you guys for your replies.

If that's the case, then go to Future Shop and ask them to beat their price. Whenever a title I want is cheaper at Wal-Mart, I just walk over to Future Shop and ask them to honor their lowest-price guarantee and I get the title for 10% less than at Wal-Mart - no questions asked.
And I did not even know about this policy. Hope FS in downtown Montreal will receive the disk soon. By the way, that $30 USD sounds unusually high. I wonder why.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks