What's new

has anyone bought the Alias box set? (1 Viewer)

ToddJ

Second Unit
It is the one that looks like one of the Rambaldi artifacts. I have been a faithful viewer for years and bought all the previous box sets and I am very disappointed they don't offer the box to people who already purchased the previous seasons. I was hoping maybe there was an offer for it in the Season 5 box set, but I am not holding my breath.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I read in the review over at DVD Talk that they're only making 40,000 of those Rembaldi box sets. I saw one at Best Buy today with a price tag of $179.99 on it. OUCH!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I picked up the S5 set today and unfortunately, there isn't any offer. The packaging of the series box is entirely different from the season sets so it's not as easy as the Friends set where it was just a box. If you really want the box set, I'd say to buy it and sell your original sets on eBay and hope you break even. It may not be a great solution but it's still a solution. :)

EDIT: Amazon has some pics of the set up.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Shouldn't this be in the TV Shows on DVD froum?

I would like to have the set (I wish BVHE set me the big set instead of just the season 5 set (which I am almost through)).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Also $139 at Costco, if I recall the pricetag correctly.

That's ridiculous. You know Costco and Amazon are not selling it at a loss, so that extra $40 per set is pure profit into Best Buy's pocket.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I gotta check Costco. Wal*Mart had the set for $179.88 Cdn and Best Buy was $199.99 Cdn. If I can get it @ Costco for $140 or less, I *may* be able to persuade my wife to get it for me for Christmas.

Ollie

Stunt Coordinator

I second that thought. My local Sam's Club has it for $139. But I already have the S1-S4 sets, that I got for $20 each, so no way I'm going to double dip just for the box and a bonus disc. It would be cool if there were an option to get just the bonus disc. But in the absence of that option, I'll just have to pass.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Damn, wish I belonged to Sam's Club rather than BJ's Wholesale Club. It costs 150.00 there. It certainly is a beautiful package. I had the thing in my hot sweaty hands til I put it back and thought maybe I would go the Amazon route.

Of course I had been trying to get the thing at either Deep Discount DVD or DVD Planet's web sites since they have both been having 20% off sales. It has not shown up for sale at either place.

I had the first 3 seasons, but just sold them on Ebay a couple of weeks ago to recoup some of the loss.

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
My complete series box arrived from Amazon (US, to save $$) today. The box is cool-looking, but those cardboard sleeve books that the discs slide into really seem to scuff and scratch the discs. Too bad they couldn't have used the plastic "book-style" holders that the Star Trek sets use.

I didn't actually get into Alias until Space started running it this Fall, so I didn't have any of the previous four seasons. So, for me, this complete series set was perfect timing! :)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I picked mine up @ Costco they were priced at $135.99

Terrific looking set, if you take your time removing the dvds you should be ok. I have managed to remove them in and out without incident. But make sure to sign up for that replacement program just incase.

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
^ Please forgive my ignorance, but what replacement program are you referring to? I didn't see an insert for anything like that included with the set. Unless it's in the hardcover book? I haven't read through all that yet, since I haven't seen all the series and was trying to avoid spoilers.

Thanks!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Aryn's referring to the Buena Vista disc exchange program. If your disc gets messed up and it's registered, they'll replace it. On the S5 set (and probably the others), you can find the info on the 'Setup' menu.

ToddJ

Second Unit
Does anyone have a number for Buena Vista? I would like to call them to see if I can just buy the box (and bonus disk)....

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator

The Digital Bits has all the studio contact information here. Using the link to BV's Customer Service site, I found their feedback page, which gives their toll-free customer relations number as (800) 477-2811. Hope this helps. (Ironically, that site is the same one where you register your DVDs...
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
)

Just a question to those that bought the season 5 set individually... my season five discs 1 and 4 have a very "flat/matte" paint job, with a green background behind Sydney. But discs 2 and 3 have a kind of "metallic" reflective artwork, and the background appears more like grey. Were the discs in the individual season 5 sets like this too? All the other seasons in the set have a consistent artwork style within the season.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
I, too, was also hoping that DDD would carry it during the sale, but when that option never materialized, I decided to go with Amazon. I haven't opened it yet, but I plan to, if for no other reason than to sign up for the disc replacement program. Not really an ALIAS fan (as I preferred La Femme Nikita, though I have seen the first season), but I am a sucker for cool packaging :P and I hope to revisit this series sometime during the holidays.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
If you're an AAA member, you can use this AAA Barnes & Noble link for 10% off

http://btob.barnesandnoble.com/index...ob=y&zip=96822

plus the B&N code X9Y3G8Y for 25% off one item. That comes out to about $114.74 plus tax. (and save even more if you're a B&N member).

That B&N code expires today from what I heard though. The 10% off AAA link is good until 12/11.

Tempting. . .but better not. I bought the "Homicide" megaset this month.

Not sure if that link is showing correctly. . .it took me to the AAA B&N once, but the regular B&N next time. If it doesn't work, it's also in the 25% off B&N thread at DVD Talk. Correct site should read "Welcome AAA Members".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks