has anyone applied duvatyne to a Pioneer Elite 610?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul_B, Sep 9, 2001.

1. Paul_B

Paul_B Agent

whould appreciate any info (links etc.)

2. Robert George

Robert George Screenwriter

I lineed the inside of my PRO-710 with duvatyne. I saw some small improvement in black level and overall contrast, but not much difference. The reason is that the Pioneer Elites are already black on the inside of the cabinet. The duvatyne is more light absorbtive, but it is not like the improvement one would see going from the usual unpainted particle board to duvatyne.

3. Paul_B

Paul_B Agent

what about the big reflective ghost in the middle of the screen (seen mostly in darker scenes or durring the credits)?

4. Dave K

Dave K Extra

I lined my 510 with Duvetyne, and I thought the difference was fairly dramatic. The black paint on the inside of the set is fairly glossy, so I did have a problem with halos. The Duvetyne definitely fixed the halo problem, and the constrast is improved.
    However, I would recommend you only do this in conjuction with having the set ISF calibrated, because it definitely will affect the appearance of the picture. I had to crank the brightness up several notches to compensate for the darker picture. I also had my gray-scale re-adjusted, but I don't know if it was altered due to the Duvetyne or not.