Has anybody seen the Stones live?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Van Patton, Aug 18, 2001.

1. Van Patton

Van Patton Second Unit

Last night I saw Bigger than Live at the local Imax theater and it was amazing. Today I bought Voodoo Lounge, Bridges to Babylon, and Gimme Shelter (I couldnt find the IMAX one.) They are amazing. They had the whole theater up and shouting etc. I'm (like that other guy) only 16 but have about 10 of their albums. My fav. album is Sticky Fingers with Let it Bleed and Exile on Main Street both coming in a close 2nd. I'd be interested to hear your experience.

2. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

I saw them in the L.A. colisseum, I think it was 1981. Anyway it was memorable for a number of reasons, most notably for the opening act. We had camped out the night before, and even though there were over 100,000 people there, we were right up front. Anyway the opening act comes out and it's this weird funk-dance music played by these strange looking people dressed up in odd costumes.
    I'm thinking to myself, I don't like this, but give em a chance. Meanwhile the crowd starts booing, and eventually throwing bottles and other things on the stage. The group is literally booed off the stage. No one back then had ever heard of them, but it was Prince, so in retrospect, I'm glad they were booed off the stage [​IMG].
    Then they bring out Lonesome George Thorogood and his Delware Destroyers, playing rock & roll, and the concert was great from that point on.
    ------------------
    13-time NBA world champion Lakers: 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001

3. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

4. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    I saw the Steel Wheels tour when I was twenty. Unfortunately I can't tell you if it was good or not as I was three sheets to the Wind and I remember very little. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Rich
    "A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
    My Website

5. SteveRS

SteveRS Stunt Coordinator

I saw them in 1925 [​IMG]

6. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    The last post makes me feel a lot better - was not going to admit I saw them in 1972 and I think 1975 - getting hard to get people to believe that I was not 5 in 1972.