What's new

Has anybody received their orders from WHV Sale? (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
twister get pushed to jan didnt it.
i bet that would have messed up your order even more.

i had 4 orders myself, that i cancelled.
two of them were double/same order that i have no idea how it got doubled.

i'm thinking about giving them one more shot because the looney tunes vol 5 comes to about $37.

one more try.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Look, they are basically filling orders for the entire United States - consumer and retail stores - by hand because their new software turned into Skynet when it went online in August. Don't order from them right now because it's a total disaster.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
hmm well i just looked at my cc statement online and saw a charge from whv.

Status Qty Price Each Total
Savings $3.74
In Process Harvey Birdman, Attorney At Law: Vol. 2 (DVD) (Multi-Title) DVD 1 $11.21 $11.21

Savings $5.74
Canceled Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law: Vol. 3 (DVD) DVD 1 $17.21 $17.21

Savings $7.48
In Process 300 (HD/DVD Combo) HD-DVD 1 $22.47 $22.47

PRODUCT SUBTOTAL: $50.89
image here Tax: $0.00
Shipping and Handling: $0.00
ORDER TOTAL: $50.89

so it appears they only cancelled a part of this order.

these guys are nuts.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
customer service told me i need to refuse the package and let it go back.

i cancelled this and the other orders about 3 weeks ago. she said it must have been processed at the warehouse before it could be cancelled and the one item that did get cancelled was probably on backorder.

she seemed to be laying the full blame on "warehouse"

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams

That's the most infuriating thing - people who order now seem to get their stuff in no time! People who have ordered in October are receiving their titles, while those of us with August pre-orders have jack shit. This LAST IN, FIRST OUT business is so unfair to people who placed orders in August in good faith.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I have no pity for them. If Warner was a small Mom and Pop operation, sure. But they are an international company whose online store is not working...and has not been working for going on 2 months now. They didn't Beta test the new system? They can't figure out how to keep their customers happy? Screw them.

Tony, don't take the "refuse delivery" line from them. I was forceful (see my e-mail to customer service earlier in the thread) and they cancelled with no problem. If you want to refuse delivery and wait for them to process the return AND refund the money, feel free. A lot of hassle, I think.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I pre-ordered about 6 titles back in August when I first heard about the 25% off.
I quickly found out that when NYS tax was tacked on, that 25% off ended up to being just a little over a $1.50 difference per title compare to using Amazon (where I have Prime and the extra 10% off from last year).
I should have paused on the checkout page when I saw this, but being the ultra cheap s.o.b. that I am, I figured I was still saving money so went thru with it.
Of course, I had already witnessed tons of complaints from the last time they had one of these sales (Matrix pre-orders seemed to be the main source of frustration then)- but I thought they would have gotten their act together a few months later.
The first sign of this thread (and one over on AVS)- I called up to cancel the order.
The first time, I had a nice friendly CSR, who said she would put the cancel thru...but it was up to what was going on at the warehouse, yadda yadda yadda.
I called back about a week later- got a different CSR who told me she could find no record of the previous cancel order- but put a new on in and told me to refuse the packages if any should slip thru.
I just got back home a couple days ago, preparing to have to haul a few WB boxes back to the PO, but thankfully they apparently never sent anything.

Needless to say, no matter how good their discounts are in the future, I will not be tempted to use them since CS is so hit and miss. I wouldn't even want to think about what would happen if I got a loose and scratched disc and how much aggrevation I would be looking at if I needed to exchange it.

I'm glad more people have finally found a resolution with them= to the others I would just mirror the suggestion of the CSR- Refuse the package when it comes and in the meantime just order the stuff from someplace else.
If you can wait a couple weeks DD should be having its usual 20% sale which will bring most prices down to the level of Amazons with the extra 10% off.

Stephen PI

Supporting Actor
I went on to the Warner website today and found to my surprise that the Blu Ray discs of "The Shining" and "Eyes Wide Shut" had shipped. ACO and 2001 were still 'in process'. "Barry Lyndon" also shipped.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
The secret for those waiting for their orders seems to be cancelling. 3 days after I called to cancel I get a shipment for everything I had ordered with the exception of FMJ. Go figure.

I'm surprised they didn't also ship me Blade Runner, The Omega Man and the Harry Potter set just to rush it out the door so it couldn't be cancelled.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I tried to cancel a 5 DVD order from 8/3 and the next day I received 3 different boxes from Warner for the following titles.

Deliverance HD-DVD
Full Metal Jacket: Deluxe Edition HD-DVD
Twilight Zone: The Movie HD-DVD

Also received an email that my other open order will be delayed for some reason even though the items are not released yet. Here is a copy of what they wrote.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I placed my order on 8/5, and I am still waiting for something to show up from Warner.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams

Perry, my order was about a week after yours. I called them last Saturday to cancel, and got an extremely friendly rep who put me on hold for a minute and came back to say my order had been cancelled. I said, "Definitely cancelled?"

"Definitely cancelled," she repeated.

This is interesting, because many people have been given guff about having to send the cancellation to the warehouse, etc.

I then reordered the same items. This was on Saturday, and most of them are due today via Next Day Air. This is the new order of course.

Unless you have the patience of a saint, you might like to cancel and reorder. They still seem to be doing LAST IN FIRST OUT with their orders, so August orders are still trickling out. Then again, some people who cancelled got the discs anyway...!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Well, either they've cleared up the problems or new orders are going into a better system, 'cause UPS delivered most of my order this morning! (Didn't have time to open them, but I got two packages, one labeled "2001" and the other labeled "mixed titles." I think I ordered 5 items that weren't preorders.)

PerryD

Supporting Actor
Great to hear that, Aaron! My 2001 is still "processing" from my 8/5 order. I'm going to wait it out and see how long it takes. :)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Watched about a half hour of 2001 last night. Beautiful! And the smudges or wrinkles or whatever they were on the projected landscapes in the first section were good for a laugh. :)

The other box had The Road Warrior and Rio Bravo. For some reason I didn't get Full Metal Jacket yet. Hopefully soon.

BTW, today I got email shipping notices for the movies that arrived yesterday. :)

markHey

Grip
Real Name
mh
Yes, yesterday..I finally got some of my order from 8/6 delivered
the shining
deliverance
twilight zone

Martin Teller

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Teller

Weird. I got The Shining, FMJ and EWS, and am still waiting for ACO and 2001. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to which titles they're shipping to whom.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
Received Viva Las Vegas and Jailhouse Rock yesterday. Still waiting for 2001.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks