Has anybody played Fortress for GBA?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnS, Sep 16, 2001.

1. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Fortress looks prety fun for the GBA.
    Anybody play it yet?
    ------------------

2. Bill Arthur

Bill Arthur Auditioning

I played it... it's definatley interesting. I couldn't help but think of Rampage while i was playing...

3. Drew Dockery

Drew Dockery Stunt Coordinator

OK, I *thought* Fortress was at least similar to Tetris. How does it remind you of destroying building with a large ape or dinosaur? I was thinking of picking this one up, but now I'm not sure I have any idea what type of game it is.

4. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Perhaps Bill meant to type Ramparts (a game I've heard it compared to) not Rampage? Bill?

5. Drew Dockery

Drew Dockery Stunt Coordinator

Now that would make more sense from what I had previously seen about it. This one is one of those wait to play it type games for me I believe.
    Drew

6. Iain Lambert

oops, thats Rampart, singular. Still, you seem to know what I meant [​IMG]
    That was one cool game; Must cost a fortune to buy these days though; not many games used _three_ trackballs!

7. Bill Arthur

Bill Arthur Auditioning

Sorry for my delayed response...
    Actually i was refering to Rampage, with the giant monsters and Buildings...less so monsters and more so buildings.
    It is like tetris, in that pieces fall from the sky, and you must joggle them around and into position. Once they (i think) get 4 connected, they turn into stone (your building. But sometimes special things fall from the sky, and if they are joined with stone, they turn to "weapons" of somesorts allowing you to start to fire and destroy your opponent's tower, that is being built the same way as yours. So once the attacks start, its a mad mix of building your own walls, and destroying your enemies.
    Only multi=cartridge multi=player though, and i think all games should have a single=cart multiplayer mode...maybe i'm greedy.
    Hope this clears it up, and my original analogy to Rampage, may have been stretched, but there are stone buildings, being destroyed by little sprite Anti-Aircraft guns... almost as far fetched as KingKong fighting Godzilla in the only two buildings in sight.
    bill

8. Iain Lambert

Aaah, I see what you mean. It does have the side-on design of Rampage, not the top-down method of Rampart as well, so that makes sense.

9. Michael St. Clair