What's new

Has anybody here heard the amazing looking (1 Viewer)

Darcy

Auditioning
Def Tech Mythos on-wall speakers? If they sound as good as they look they will sell like hot cakes! Also, would they sound any good matched with a subwoofer such as an SVS PB2 Ultra (I have a very large room). All information will be very much appreciated!

Jack N

Agent
I won’t be of much help to you here because I haven’t heard the Mythos line yet, but because they’re made by Def Tech I’d be willing to bet that they sound pretty good. Also, I haven’t had any personal experience with SVS equipment, but from everything I’ve read, they make good stuff. What I can tell you for sure is that every Def Tech model I’ve ever listened to are definitely on the power hungry side. I wouldn’t recommend driving them with anything less than 170 wpc. Because you’ll be using them in a large room, I would recommend an amp(s) with some serious power. I have 8 large Def Techs in my system and I’m driving them with 4 separate amps. They range in power from 170 wpc to 330. Originally I was trying to drive the speakers with a 130 wpc receiver and the amp just couldn’t deliver enough steam to drive them correctly. Now they sound like they should.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
They sound pretty good for what they are. The problem I have with them is they are a bunch of 4" or 5" drivers. I forget wich. So they dont have alot of deeper mid bass. But they are a decent sounding speaker if you are saving space. I think they are pretty nice for what they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks