What's new

Has anybody here ever ate a durian? (1 Viewer)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Kenny, I will forward this to Lew Crippen, I'm sure he can grasp it a bit better.

Some of the descriptions of the taste of durain could not be posted here. :b

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Glad to see we don't hgave the monopoly of food that smells like ass! (or worse) :). We have this thing back home that litterally smells like shite. Litterally. And it tastes really good - which makes sense, it's got to taste heavenly for people to endure that stench.

I tried it once. I couldn't even tell you what it's called locally or in french, let alone in english. Heck, I don't even know what it is, never stood around long enough to ask...

--
H

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the link Danny-I'd kind of forgotten how wide-ranging that thread was.

D28 is the designation of the very best durians, Kenny. I'm not sure where you could try these in your neck of the woods.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I should add that as I'm in San Miguel de Allende and about to leave to wander around this lovely old town, I'm a bit short of time to write more of a durian description. But that thread Danny mentioned is pretty good.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Durian taste good actually. In the Philippines, its often the "butt" of jokes as it smells like...well...u figure it out.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
My mom likes to eat this often. It smells like crap, and I haven't bothered to taste how heavenly it is.

~T

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member

Indeed you are correct, Yee-Ming.

I was writing in haste. This update being brought to you from Ajijic. So I am again short of time.

Kenny Foor

Stunt Coordinator

Danny, they had one on it a couple of days ago. It was a dice game for the WWE wrestlers, you roll three big dice and had to put the three ingredients that were on them along with a base ingredient of pig brains into a blender and than drink a big glass full of the stuff. It was sick because they had ingredients like pig rectum, bile, cod oil, fish sauce, and animal fat amongst others. Mmmmmm animal fat.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks