has anybody had any experience with CCM bicycles?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy Illingworth, Mar 28, 2002.

1. Jeremy Illingworth

Jeremy Illingworth Supporting Actor

I was thinking about buying one, the Mustang, and was wondering if anybody had experience or opinons with CCM products. The Mustang is one of those 70s style muscle bikes which I intend to ride on the pavement with. Regular $180, last years model currently on for $120.

jeremy

2. Alex Prosak

Alex Prosak Supporting Actor

I thought CCM just made hockey gear, eh.

3. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    They're like the 'daewoo' of the HT, Computer, and auto world :p)

CCM Bikse are like Huffy bikes, yaknow... good enough for ordinary folk, but not if you're seriously into the sport

4. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Is that $120 Canadian? [​IMG]
    I've heard of CCM in terms of hockey sticks, but not bikes, must be the department store variety. If you do just ride on pavement, makes sure you doublecheck whatever the place you buy it from, I've heard alot of horror stories of dept. stores putting forks on backwards or not tightening stuff up properly. They all have to be assembled when bought so you really should go over the whole bike and check things are tightened, brakes, headset, cranks, pedals, etc..
    Jay

5. Jeremy Illingworth

Jeremy Illingworth Supporting Actor

I've got it home. I asked to speak with their bike tech and I recognize him from my last trip to the real bike store. Canadian Tire also gives a thirty day tune up so I'll have it back in a month for them to go over.

jeremy