What's new

Has anybody figured out the remedy for dust? (1 Viewer)

Frank Frandsen

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know how to stop the dust but to get it off I use one of those dashboard size California Car dusters. Fits in the nooks and crannies and I don't have to worry about liquid getting in the system. Those swiffers sound good to. In regards to that fombulin stuff I have a old can of car wax in the basement with some in it. Claimed to prevent acid rain spots on cars. Never like the shine much so I did'nt use it for the car. Maybe I'll polish my TV. :)

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
The Sharper Image ION products don't do a whole lot to absorb dust. However, they do weigh the dust down, which makes them drop to a surface, thus, keeping dust, bacteria and even odors out of the air. Great for people with allergies.
You'll need an air filter that actually has a filter for it to reduce dust.
I use the computer dusters as well as those washable dust wipes. Trouble is getting under the components on the shelf. Almost, the clearance on
BTW - I'M LOOKING TO PURCHASE ONE OF THOSE SHARPER IMAGE $350 IONIC AIR CLEANERS. THEY HAVE A BUY ONE AND GET A SECOND FOR 1/2 PRICE. ANYONE WANT TO SPLIT ONE WITH ME FOR AROUND $250 EACH? I LIVE IN THE NOR CAL BAY AREA.
Elbert
[Edited last by Elbert Lee on July 16, 2001 at 02:56 PM]

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
My grandparents are pretty well off, so I would guess that these are pretty expensive units.
Yup. I have an ~$800 Living Air unit and love it, however: Air ionizers clean the dust from the air by outputting ozone which binds to dust (and odor, smoke, etc) particles. I'm not exactly sure how they get rid of smells, but for the dust, they bring it down. Run one of these for a day and your stuff will be COVERED in dust.
The upside? All of that dust is now on your equipment, rather than in your air and in your lungs. Downside? Be prepared to dust on a regular - daily - basis. Since this is what you're trying to eliminate, you probably don't want an ionizer.
BTW: I got my unit for free. A guy I knew was a distributor and I traded him for some old computer equipment that I no longer had any use for. I never would have paid $800 for one of these. It's a great unit, but it's not worth that kind of money.
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )

Users who are viewing this thread