What's new

Has anybody compared NAD to B&K (1 Viewer)

EdNichols

Second Unit
I have an NAD T762 receiver and I am looking at my next upgrade. I am planning on the next step being a separate amp. Then I will go to full separates. When I get the amp I am planning on going with a pre-pro of the same brand. I have heard that both of these brands have a "warm" sound. I like my receiver's sound but if I went with a separate amp would a B&K amp sound that much better than NAD amp? Has anyone compared the two?

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
i havent compared B&K to NAD directly, but ive had customers that have. they state a similar sound, but the B&K has more control and umph. the B&K stuff has a bit of power behind it and does a great job at really controlling a speaker.

i have compared rotel to B&K also, and the B&K is just a bit above it as far as dynamics and detail go.

EdNichols

Second Unit
Thanks, I have heard that Rotel and NAD are similar also. I guess I was trying to piece together the puzzle in that I have heard that B&K was better than Rotel, Rotel and NAD were similar so I kind of assumed that B&K might be better than NAD but I wasn't sure. I just am wondering if B&K is worth the price difference over NAD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks