Has anybody compared NAD to B&K

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by EdNichols, Feb 29, 2004.

1. EdNichols

EdNichols Second Unit

I have an NAD T762 receiver and I am looking at my next upgrade. I am planning on the next step being a separate amp. Then I will go to full separates. When I get the amp I am planning on going with a pre-pro of the same brand. I have heard that both of these brands have a "warm" sound. I like my receiver's sound but if I went with a separate amp would a B&K amp sound that much better than NAD amp? Has anyone compared the two?

2. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

Amps to consider:
    Sherbourn
    Parasound
    Rotel
    B&K
    NAD
    Acurus
    Outlaw

3. EdNichols

EdNichols Second Unit

Thanks for the suggestions, but I was wondering if anyone has directly compared NAD to B&K?

4. Robert Cowan

Robert Cowan Supporting Actor

i havent compared B&K to NAD directly, but ive had customers that have. they state a similar sound, but the B&K has more control and umph. the B&K stuff has a bit of power behind it and does a great job at really controlling a speaker.

i have compared rotel to B&K also, and the B&K is just a bit above it as far as dynamics and detail go.

5. EdNichols

EdNichols Second Unit

Thanks, I have heard that Rotel and NAD are similar also. I guess I was trying to piece together the puzzle in that I have heard that B&K was better than Rotel, Rotel and NAD were similar so I kind of assumed that B&K might be better than NAD but I wasn't sure. I just am wondering if B&K is worth the price difference over NAD.