What's new

Has any studio bought the films from OOP Thorne-EMI? (1 Viewer)

JonSpice

Stunt Coordinator
2 movies I would I like to be on DVD "The Wild Geese 2" and "One Dark Night" were made into Vhs before they went belly up. I have both in Vhs BTW ODNight was Meg Tilly's debut(The Big Chill, she was dead guys hottie). Wild Geese 2 simular but as popular as "The Wild Geese" has Barbara Carrera(Lone Wolf McQuade) as newspaper woman, Scot Glenn and Edward Fox the mercs she and her brother hired, to try to get Rudolph Hess( Sir Laurence Olivier) out of a almost impossible Spandau prison, to get his side of what he did in W.W.2. Color, running time 124 minutes 1985.

ODN I liked the music and the weird theme of movie, Adam West(Batman) played the unbelieving husband. Wild seeing all kinds of things stuck in walls and 7 coronor vans pulling up, music fit the neat movie about intiation and what one young girl would do to get into the club, and the jackert worn by its members.:)

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
The films that were flat out EMI productions, like DEATH ON THE NILE and the Ealing comedies, are owned by StudioCanal and many of them have been licensed to Anchor Bay.

The Thorn EMI label, however, for many years picked up product from other companies, and in most cases those films have reverted to their owners. Some of the companies they handled were New Line, Atlantic Releasing and Orion (at MGM), and New World (New Concorde and Lakeshore).

The two movies you cited, however, are unique. ONE DARK NIGHT was released by the very short-lived Comworld Pictures, who licensed it to Thorn EMI for video. I recently heard that Anchor Bay has acquired this title and may have it out before the end of the year. I'm hoping whoever controls the movie now also owns another lost Comworld release, NIGHT WARNING with Jimmy McNichol and Susan Tyrell.

WILD GEESE II is one of a handful of EMI productions that are now at MGM, as a result of the brief period when Cannon bought the EMI library, then sold it off quickly. It was one of the last films EMI produced. DREAMCHILD and MORONS FROM OUTER SPACE are also at MGM.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
What happened there was that HBO bought into Thorn EMI's label to become an equity partner. Then, the label became HBO/Cannon during the brief buyout. When Cannon sold off the EMI library to the former Weintraub Entertainment Group, the rechristened HBO Video retained that license for a few years.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Anchor Bay released several of them on DVD, such as SCARS OF DRACULA, HORROR OF FRANKENSTEIN, ZOLTAN, DEMONS OF THE MIND, LUST FOR A VAMPIRE, DR JEKYLL AND SISTER HYDE, etc.

JonSpice

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you for the update I just can't wait to get rid of my Vhs replacing them with DVD titles. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks