Has any body heard of these subs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jose G, Oct 12, 2002.

1. Jose G

Jose G Supporting Actor

MS12 powered subwoofers. The seller says their from "the Merak line of speakers from one of Canada's leading speaker builders - API (Axiom, Mirage, Michaura, etc)" Any thoughts?

Also, what do people think of the JBL PB10?

2. mark rush

mark rush Stunt Coordinator

I never heard of the first speaker line, the JBL is a quality product, does not play very deep but a good first sub for smaller speakers
    Mark

3. joe rizzuto

joe rizzuto Stunt Coordinator

aren't they sold at radio shack?
    i heard that rca makes some r.s. speakers. if that is the case i would stay away.

4. WilliamG

WilliamG Supporting Actor

Jose,
    I can't address the first subs, but as long as you're thinking about the JBL PB10, take a look at the PB12.
    I've had mine for 5 months and love it! First movie I ever
    played when I got it was Twister. I thought my living room walls were gonna fly apart in those tornados! (Then stepped it up with Jurassic Park and The Haunting-but that's another story! [​IMG] )
    Good luck,
    William

5. Jamie Doucette

Jamie Doucette Stunt Coordinator

The Merak line of speakers are VERY LOW end from Radio Shack although you do pay a low price for them. I was not aware that Audio Products International made/distributed these speakers.
    You can go to www.merak.ca and see the Specs for the MS8 subwoofer and order it for $250CAN, or go to Radioshack.ca and get it for $79.99CAN.
    I wouldn't recommend these, but if you are getting it for next to nothing, hey why not.