What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

Has any body heard of these subs? (1 Viewer)

Jose G

Supporting Actor
MS12 powered subwoofers. The seller says their from "the Merak line of speakers from one of Canada's leading speaker builders - API (Axiom, Mirage, Michaura, etc)" Any thoughts?

Also, what do people think of the JBL PB10?

mark rush

Stunt Coordinator
I never heard of the first speaker line, the JBL is a quality product, does not play very deep but a good first sub for smaller speakers
Mark

joe rizzuto

Stunt Coordinator
aren't they sold at radio shack?
i heard that rca makes some r.s. speakers. if that is the case i would stay away.

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Jose,
I can't address the first subs, but as long as you're thinking about the JBL PB10, take a look at the PB12.
I've had mine for 5 months and love it! First movie I ever
played when I got it was Twister. I thought my living room walls were gonna fly apart in those tornados! (Then stepped it up with Jurassic Park and The Haunting-but that's another story! :D )
Good luck,
William

Jamie Doucette

Stunt Coordinator
The Merak line of speakers are VERY LOW end from Radio Shack although you do pay a low price for them. I was not aware that Audio Products International made/distributed these speakers.
You can go to www.merak.ca and see the Specs for the MS8 subwoofer and order it for $250CAN, or go to Radioshack.ca and get it for $79.99CAN.
I wouldn't recommend these, but if you are getting it for next to nothing, hey why not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spirittoo
Recent bookmarks