What's new

Has 2003 been a banner year for DVD releases? (1 Viewer)

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
Also, will 2004 top 2003?
Not likely. 2003 was truly the peak of this format, despite a certain trilogy, yet to be released. Aside of Schindler's List (a wait for me for over 6 years) and King Kong, we are entering an era of second and third tier titles, for the most part (with the exception of rereleases). I know there are personal favorites for everyone (for me it's the African Queen) of titles that are still anticipated but for the universal appeal of the titles released this year we will not likely see an equal. It goes without saying that I speak for myself only ;) .

Joel

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Ok, I think I can do that.

I have had my own list of what I want for years. I got my first DVD's in late '97, so I am going to cut it off there.

I had a list of
473 movies 38 TV Movies 18 TV series

that I wanted on DVD made before '98. Since then I have brought

339 movies 5 TV Movies 2 TV series

From my list. The movies aren't doing too bad but the TV stuff is still way behind. This year I have picked up

55 movies 1 TV movie 0 TV series

And for those who are going to ask, the titles I don't have are not out. I am caught up, as they say.

It is about where I figured it would be. The TV series only count as one, but only if the entire show has come out.

I like some of the stuff that has come out this year, but I am maintaining a fairly steady average of about 100 disks per year. Some months it is only 2, and others fifteen.

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks