Harvey Birdman: Sublime

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Phil Florian, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Phil Florian

Phil Florian Screenwriter

Gosh, I liked last night's HB. I was worried about the "new" series since I didn't think last week's episode was nearly as good as the original releases (Quest and Very personal injury). This weeks episode put it back on track. I like the new judge, too. Gosh darn funny, that's what I think. I hope they can keep Gary Cole around to do the voice of Harvey. He is too hip. Are these the Ghost Planet people who do Space Ghost? Related to them? Will Space Ghost have an appearance? Harvey Birdman appeared on Space Ghost in a "look back" edition when HB was tagged as the original host of Coast to Coast. Pound for pound, the funniest of all Space Ghost episodes (minus Space Ghost, of course). So I figure that both shows are related. Did they just buy up Hanna Barbera rights and run crazy with them?

Phil

2. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I also loved last night's episode. I still think the Johnny Quest one was downright wrong, and next week's episode looks good.

3. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Supporting Actor

I love this show, totally funny. One of the best on tv right now.

4. John Choi

John Choi Agent

I think this show is a riot. How many episodes have there been? I caught last week's show with Yogi Bear and the one shown last sunday with the rock band.

5. Phil Florian

Phil Florian Screenwriter

The first three (only two aired originally, I am told) were 1) the Superfriend's Indian character suing Starbucks for coffee spilled on his lap that prevented him to grow, 2) the adoption struggle between Dr. Quest and Race Banion for custody of the kids (my fave, so far), and 3) Scooby and Shaggy defended in a drug possession charge. I guess #3 eventually aired? I only have caught the Yogi, Shoyur Weenie and then next week's outstanding looking Flinstone ala Sopranos episode. And all with the swankiest opening number of any show. I like that the judge changed. Even though I think Reducto is hilarious, I hope to see different attorneys from time to time, too.

Was "Peanut" the assistant in the original Birdman?

Phil

6. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

Shaggy & Scooby aired the week before the Yogi Bear episode. Keep watching, they'll rerun it eventually.

It's cool that they've started doing endorsement-type commercials for various products featuring Brak & Zorak and Aqua Teen Hunger Force (for example Master Shake wearing a Carrot Top wig for a 1-800-CALL-ATT commercial). But it's starting to mess with my TiVo commercial-zapping reflexes, it was already bad enough whenever they show a 10 second preview for whatever's coming up next or next week.

7. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I remember the one with the guy who had the coffee spilled on him. The whole episode turned into a huge penis joke.

8. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter