Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law....when?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by David*P, May 4, 2004.

1. David*P

David*P Supporting Actor

David
    I love this show! It's the only thing I watch on Cartoon Network...any plans for a DVD release? I would snatch it up in a minute!

2. Joshua Lane

Joshua Lane Second Unit

Well, this November we're getting ATHF Vol. 3 and Space Ghost CTC Vol. 2. And the way things are going, we'll probably get 4 sets a year... two in November and two in June/July (maybe earlier to spread things out a little more). I'm guessing Harvey Birdman will get released sometime next year.

3. David*P

David*P Supporting Actor

David
    I suppose it may need a few more episodes to be released....but man is it funny!

4. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

Yes, ATHF, Sealab 2021 and Spaceghost Coast to Coast, had more episodes to work with which is why they're hitting DVD first, or at least that's IMO. Plus those are the more popular shows...but, Volume 3 of ATHF would probably take us up to the newer episodes airing now, and that would mean that they'd probably want another show to think about releasing and then Birdman could be that show.

Personally, I wish they'd just release the 29 episodes of the Brak show on DVD since the show has already been axed.

5. Jean-Michel

Jean-Michel Supporting Actor

After this season they'll have enough episodes but I'm not counting on it happening this year. They've already "unofficially announced" volume 3 of ATHF and volume 2 of Space Ghost for this winter and those would probably take us up to the end of the year.

I agree. Of course now Space Ghost has been axed too and they don't seem to be in any real hurry to get those out. [​IMG]

6. Casey Trowbridg

Spaceghost has other hurtles to cross though that Brak doesn't, like getting celebrity permission for their appearance on the DVD, or something like tht. I believe they had some problems, which is why the volume 1 was not billed as the complete first and second season because a few episodes were missing due to the fact they couldn't get permission to use the likenesses or something, I really don't know for sure.

7. Jason Borchers

Jason Borchers Second Unit

8. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

But Birdman has something like 28 new eps now...I really want this DVD [​IMG] I remember vaguely about someone announcing the DVDs, but that was last year.

9. Neil M

Neil M Stunt Coordinator

"Space Ghost has not been axed. They just finished airing a new season, and more episodes are being made for the end of this year."

There's some confusion to this. Supposedly, during the commercial breaks there was a picture of two tombstones- one with the Brak show and the other of Space Ghost. Plus the fact that its not in the current schedule is making people think that its off the air for good. There hasn't been any official word on it so people are just speculating. A rumor has been going on that the show might be cancelled after one more season so maybe thats what it was refering to. If you have information otherwise, please share because I love Space Ghost.

10. Jean-Michel

Jean-Michel Supporting Actor

There was also the "Space Ghost Is ***king Dead" bumps they were showing the week before. They're still being coy about it though, over at the Adult Swim message boards (which are basically unreadable BTW) even the moderators are saying they don't know for sure.

I haven't seen anything about new episodes of SGC2C. There were a couple of episodes on the schedule at one point that never aired (the only one I remember had Seth MacFarlane as a guest) but I haven't seen anything about a new season. They didn't mention it at the press event last month where they announced their renewals and new acquisitions. In any event there hasn't been an official announcement, but when Brendon Small announced that Home Movies had been cancelled it was several weeks before Adult Swim confirmed it, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything one way or the other. My suspicion is that they have some unaired episodes in the pipeline (they never gave it a proper sendoff like they did with The Brak Show, and they did say they were still hoping to "fix" the rough cut they aired a few weeks back), but after that it's gone. Hope I'm wrong.

11. Casey Trowbridg

They could've chose to market them as seasons 1 and 2 if they had put all the episodes on there, the point was that they didn't really have any choice in the matter when they couldn't get clearance from some of the episodes. Yes, they did leave off a couple of season 2 eps of Aqua Teen, but the point was in that case they chose to market it like that, whereas the choice to go by volumes was made for them in the case of Spaceghost. We don't/won't know if they would've labeled it as seasons 1 and 2 if they had gotten permission for all of the episodes.

12. Jason Borchers

Jason Borchers Second Unit

13. Bryan Ri

Bryan Ri Screenwriter

Bryan

Right on Casey! I could use that an Birdman released on the same day. Let's flood Cartoon Network with e-mails!!!

Yea buddy!

14. David*P

David*P Supporting Actor

David
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Y!!!!

Just read over at TV Shows on DVD.com that HB is coming to DVD on April 12, 2005! I'm so excited.

Here's the cover they posted too. I'm loving that it looks like a law book:

[​IMG]

15. Casey Trowbridg

I'm glad that this is coming with another volume of Coast to Coast as well.

16. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

Woo! Awesome news! I love that cover art...looks fantastic.

17. Bryan Ri

Bryan Ri Screenwriter

Bryan
    I love the fact that we're being bombarded with Adult Swim DVD's in 2005! [​IMG]

18. Paul Miller

Paul Miller Supporting Actor

Did anyone pick this up yet? How are the commentaries?

Paul

19. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

I got it yesterday but won't get a chance to watch it until tonight.

20. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

I had no clue this was coming out until I was in Wal Mart yesterday just wasting time and saw it on the shelf. I snatched it up real fast and sped home. I have been waiting years for this set to come out[​IMG]

The commentary on THE DABBA DON was quite good and funny. So many connections between Flinstones and Mob stuff that I didnt know about until now. And funny that at one point Fred had a swimming pool with ducks in it[​IMG]They even talk about how they try to get as much man kissing in the show as they can.

Favortite episode has to be the Shoyu Weenie one. Just totally off the wall and non stop jokes. Especially Phil and Mentok.

"Are you a generous lover? I'd like to think I am"