What's new

Hart To Hart Season 5 coming on DVD (1 Viewer)

cherisland

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd
Wonderful news from TvShowsOnDVD ! The fifth and final season of Hart To Hart is being released onto DVD this June 9th from Shout! :

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Hart-Hart-Season-5/20825

HartToHart_S5.jpg

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Definitely going for this one! Something I noticed about it is that while it will be called "The Final Season" on the front of the box, the spine will say "The Complete Fifth Season." I always thought that these final-season releases from Shout! would simply be that ("the final season" and no more); however, upon further examination of this one and the upcoming final-season Quincy release, the season numbers will at the very least be on the spines, so all is not lost (the answer came from the 3D box art images which Shout! provided for the Quincy release and this upcoming Hart release).

Attachments

• hartseason53D.jpg
    hartseason53D.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 29

MattHR

Screenwriter
Hopefully the art will change, since it's the same image of Stefanie Powers used on the Season 2 cover (which was a composite photo combining separate images of SP and RW).

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
MattHR said:
Hopefully the art will change, since it's the same image of Stefanie Powers used on the Season 2 cover (which was a composite photo combining separate images of SP and RW).

And the third release (first Shout! release) had the same front image as was on the first slipcase in the first-season release; the fourth one (second Shout! release) had the image that was on the back of the first-season box.

MattHR

Screenwriter
bmasters9 said:
And the third release (first Shout! release) had the same front image as was on the first slipcase in the first-season release; the fourth one (second Shout! release) had the image that was on the back of the first-season box.

Not to mention a few duplicate and/or wrong season images on the discs themselves. It's one of those slightly annoying lapses in attention-to-detail that could be avoided by allowing just one hard-core fan to proof the sets before they are finalized. At least the transfers have been top-notch!

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
It would be great if the later TV movies were re-released at a reasonable price at some point.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
MattHR said:
At least the transfers have been top-notch!

They most assuredly have been! When you see the third and fourth-season releases on an upconverting Blu-Ray player, the image quality is unbelievable (stunning 1080p HD)!

MattHR

Screenwriter
derosa said:
It would be great if the later TV movies were re-released at a reasonable price at some point.

I've been begging Shout to see if Sony will allow them to release a final set with just the reunion movies--or even complete series + reunion movies set. I wouldn't complain about double-dipping if it meant the latter.

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
You could probably double dip and it still would be cheaper than the current price for the movies - which aren't even pressed discs right?

MattHR

Screenwriter
albert_m2 said:
You could probably double dip and it still would be cheaper than the current price for the movies - which aren't even pressed discs right?
They are MOD discs. When first released, they listed at $30 each, then were dropped to around $22-25. They were recently re-released in two volumes, each containing four movies for around $60, which is still outrageous. I'll be happy with my off-air Hallmark recordings until reasonably-priced pressed discs are available.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
albert_m2 said:

That's exactly right-- the 90s films are MODs.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I agree with others that hopefully the cover we're seeing isn't the final artwork. But ultimately it's not going to be an issue for me because most of the time I'll only see the spine as it resides on my bookshelf.

Anyway, I'm just happy we will soon finally have the entire series released. I already bought the post-series movies in the 2 box set collections during a Christmas sale in 2013. Still more than I would have liked to pay, but cheaper than the usual price. So I wouldn't double-dip on a new release.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Even with a discount, I couldn't get the first volume of post-season movies for less than $45 which is still too high admittedly (though the Perry Mason movies from CBS/Paramount are even worse).

Season 5 the show was slipping and as I mentioned before, Stefanie Powers got herself a bad haircut that aged her IMO. Still, it's great to see the series finally taken to conclusion. I hope Shout might go back to "Fantasy Island" soon.

One ironic thing about H2H is that it has the dubious distinction of having its last aired episode on ABC (a summer repeat) interrupted and not finished. The Democratic Convention was taking place and ABC had decided first to show an episode than coverage but mid-way through they dumped out of it to carry Convention coverage and viewers never saw the finish of the repeat!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
This is a minor point, I will admit, but something that I really liked about that fourth-season release is that it had the "bylineless" CPT 80s Torch Lady logo on it with the classic Suzanne Ciani jingle (it wasn't the Coke Lady of the actual ABC broadcasts, but it was a CPT logo just the same). Therefore, I am hoping that this one also will have that logo on the ends of the episodes.

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
I don´t like the cover of Season 5. I think the cover of Season 3+4 were much better. But happy to complete my "Hart to Hart" collection.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
One way or another, this will be either a birthday buy at the very right price--or for me under the tree this XMAS!!!!! I still have S4 to pick up this year as well!!!!! Both S4 and S5 will come home together when I get 'em!!!! :) :) And all of Miss Stephanie in her beauty and glory... :wub: :wub: :wub: !!!!!!!!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I am waiting for the show to appear on amazon.ca's site for pre-orders. I cannot wait to complete my Hart to Hart collection!

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
As soon as someone has got Season 5, it´ll nice to see a review of the set.

I going to order it next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks