What's new

Hart to Hart - Season 1 on 10/25/2005! (1 Viewer)

MattHR

Screenwriter

I hate the box art. Jonathan and Jennifer Hart did not use guns. The house in the background is not the one from the show. The font for the title is wrong. Another very poor Photoshop job. They have to be able to come up with something better than this. It's clear the designer of this package never watched the show. It should be a requirement that the graphic artists are at least a bit informed about the subject they are designing.:rolleyes

Brian-G

Auditioning
This was an early season one publicity photo that did not truly reflect the content of the show. Hopefully they will choose the cover art for future seasons more accurately.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I found a couple of early reviews for the set.

@ Sitcoms Online , DVDTown

It sounds like the video has been remastered. I am really looking forward to this release next week. I just hope Sony doesn't take 3 years between releases with this series.

MattHR

Screenwriter
Remastered, uncut episodes? A few worthy extras? 24 episodes on 6 discs, instead of crammed into 5 discs? Two positive reviews? Are we sure this is being released by Sony?

Maybe Sony has been reading this forum and finally decided to wake up. If so, I'm happy since this is a show I've been wanting for a long time. Hopefully this isn't a fluke, and they'll be giving all future shows/sets the same treatment.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I only ever saw one of the reunion films; were they all syndicated? Because I don't remember hearing about the others until YEARS afterward...! It would make a nice "6th season" boxed set, although the episodes, I am told were owned by something other than Aaron Spelling; maybe Sony owns them now, who knows. And yeah, this does NOT sound like a Sony release...too many bells and whistles! I love it; I'm definitely buying this!

MattHR

Screenwriter
I'm half way through disc two, and so far I'm VERY happy with the quality of the transfers. This set is the first one from Sony that I've noticed the "Remastered in High Definition" indication on the packaging, at least for a 25+ years old TV show.

The film elements are in great shape. I've detected no film scratches, splices, dirt or excessive grain to speak of. The transfers are on par with the best Universal efforts, and by far the best Sony TV transfers from this era. They blow away CHARLIE'S ANGELS, SWAT and STARSKY AND HUTCH. The episodes, so far, are all uncut.

The overall packaging is pretty good, too. Three double ThinPaks with differing artwork on the outide, and inside, of each. Nice disc art, too. Someone put a little effort into this set. The half-hour featurette and commentary on the pilot are welcome additions.

Great transfers, nice packaging, worthy extras. Let's hope this is the start of good things to come from Sony. I only wish they'd started a bit sooner. I'm looking forward to the day when we can stop bashing Sony for their TV product. I guess when you're at the bottom, there's only one direction to go!

MattHR

Screenwriter

I believe the first 4 or 5 were broadcast on NBC as part of their "Friday Night Mystery Movie" block. The last 3 or 4 premiered on The Family Channel.

I'd love to have all 8 reunion movies in a DVD set, after the other 4 seasons of the original series are released.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

Yup there were 4 that ran on NBC and 4 on The Family Channel. On one of the Hart to Hart sites it says seasons will be released every 4 months. I hope that turns out to be true, as i am really enjoying this set so far. The episodes hold up pretty well and the new transfers are incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks