What's new

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix Commences Production for Warner Bros. PicturesI agree that she makes a great Luna. A bit shorter and rounder than I expected, but she has those crazy Luna eyes and glorious blonde hair. I also like the choice of McCrory as Bellatrix. Less sold on Natalia Tena as Tonks (too plain) and Kathryn Hunter as Figg (not ancient enough). Over all, it looks like a solid line-up. I'm surprised as many secondary characters made it as they did. It sounds like most of the book will make it in; hopefully it wouldn't be hyperspeed like Azkaban. It's going to be hard to match Goblet, but it's doable if they focus on characters over action.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Update #2: Warner Bros. has released the first official promo image for Order of the Phoenix, and it's of Luna:

MUCH better for me. Really softens her out and makes her more whimsical looking.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Great casting so far for Luna, Umbridge, Shacklebolt, and Bellatrix :emoji_thumbsup: Having a hard time finding pics of Natalia Tena, though, can anyone help?

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Imelda Staunton as Umbridge. :emoji_thumbsup: It's amazing how many top-flight adult actors this series has been able to cast.

Rob

todd s

Senior HTF Member
If job security is a main concern of someone looking for a job....Then I would advise getting hired as the Defense against the Dark Arts teacher. Every movie has had a new one. :D

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I'm not entirely sold on the casting of Helen McCrory as Bellatrix Black Lestrange. I think she's a good actress (she was very entertaining in Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Silk Stocking) but I haven't seen enough of her work to see if she can pull off the type of menacing required for the role.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member

Well then, she probably can't. You should write the director and casting people and let them know about your misgivings. I'm sure they'd love your input and will look for somebody else before they waste film on her. Make sure they bring the new actress by your house so you can audition her.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

W-o-w. I'm hoping there was supposed to be a :D in there somewhere. If you're serious: worded a bit high-strung don't you think?

At this stage I'm not prepared to laud her casting, when all I have ever seen her do is play Dr. Watson's American love interest (her most high profile role to date). I would have preferred to see Elizabeth Hurley in the role, but what about my post didn't convey I wasn't keeping an open mind?

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
What the hell is this about? IMDB isn't exactly the most reliable news source but it is still very troubling...

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-02-10/

Actor Gary Oldman looks unlikely to reprise his role as Sirius Black in the next Harry Potter offering, after reports he has been mysteriously axed from the wizard franchise. Oldman, who has appeared in the last two movies adapted from JK Rowling's popular children's books, has yet to be signed for a third term - even though filming for Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix has already begun. The actor's manager, Douglas Urbanski, tells British newspaper The Sun, "You will be shocked to learn there are no plans for Gary to appear in the film. To say we are puzzled is an understatement at the very least! We are left with no choice but to pursue other employment for him." Vanessa Davis, spokeswoman for production company Warner Brothers, confirms no deal has been reached, but insists there is still time to resolve the confusion. She says, "With any film the priority is confirming the cast who will be on the set from the outset."

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
I know I read very recently elsewhere online that Gary Oldman was confirmed to appear in Phoenix by WB. I'll try to find it.

Edit: Here we go.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Hmmm, looks like imdb have picked that report of Oldman not being in the film from The Sun, a British tabloid. Im not yet convinced.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member

Really? While his part was very small, I thought he and David Thewlis were the two best actors in that movie.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Id agree. One of the main things I am looking forward to is the return of Oldman and Thewlis who I thought were great in Azkaban and helped make it the best of the series so far IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks