What's new

Harry Potter reviewed at DVDFile.com......... (1 Viewer)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I just read the review and I do not like how the extras are laid out. You have to jump through f**king hoops just to see the deleted scenes, which according to DVD File, are very good. DVDs are starting to become frustrating. Between cryptic menus and all these damn easter eggs, why can't things just be "there" to click. I know I don't have the time to waste searching for these things.

It looks like another DVD that will just have the feature viewed unless someone comes up with a shortcut to the features through the titles or something.

-Dean-

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Good review. Sorry disc. I'll be happy to have the film at least.

I thought reviews weren't allowed until 5/13?

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I am reserving a big shiny "No Prize" to the first person to provide the title numbers for directly accessing deleted scenes in this thread.

Regards,

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I still can't wait for it to come out, but the lack of trailers annoys me! And the quiz to get to extra features is stupid as well.

Chris Lock

Second Unit
> And the quiz to get to extra features is stupid as well.

Yeah, I don't like playing games to access features, either. Maybe there's a hidden menu on there somewhere.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I agree about menus. It is really annoying on some DVD's just moving around through the menus can be a real pain. The studios need to remember the KISS theory, (Keep It Simple, Stupid).

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I'm a bit suprised the video quality wasn't a bit better, according to the review. However, maybe this is how the source material was - as described in the review. I never saw this in the theaters, so I don't know.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I'm a bit suprised the video quality wasn't a bit better, according to the review. However, maybe this is how the source material was - as described in the review. I never saw this in the theaters, so I don't know.
Yup! Big Super35 wad of grain all over the place, especially that horrific opening
Harry Potter is the anti-Super35 poster child :)
Remember friends don't let friends shoot Super35 for 2.35:1 aquistion intended for theatrical exhibition.

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
For all the limitations of laser disc,

all you had to do was key in the chapter number

and bingo (allow for disc changes).

Sometimes less is more.

I am now on the fence if I should get the

Memento SE because of the menu system.

Oscar

Second Unit
Well, i have not seen the DVD.
But many times reviews depend on your equipment.
Certainly im excited about this DVD.
But, didnt you noticed that Peter said, that you can access the features more easily with the Title thingie on your DVD player?.
And as for the embargo, i wonder what might WB do to Peter or to the "close-minded" guy in www.dvdtalk.com :D

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
According to the above mentioned thread, they got the DVD at a press event, and wern't told of an embargo. Sounds like the PR people who mailed out the DVDs had one, but the event people who did either didn't know about it, or didn't care. Could very well be classic 'left hand not informed of the right hand's activities, lest it break under interrogation.'

One of the advantages of using a PC based DVD system is easy title access; the other is that you can easily find hidden menu items by waving your mouse pointer around. :)

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
Warner just sent out an email to everyone on their list asking for reviews to be taken down by 9AM EST on May 7th and then reposted on the 13th.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
We have had a review ready to be posted
for the past 4 days. We have attempted to
adhere to Warner's strict request not to post
a review until May 13th.
If the other sites do not take theirs down
by 9am tomorrow as requested, we will probably
post ours as well.
Trust that I found problems with the transfer
and will talk about it.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Dangit, now I really hope they don't take them down. I want to know what Ron has to say :frowning: Ron, if I mirror a review, and the others do take theirs down, will that still count??? :D
(j/k)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks