What's new

Harry Potter-Possible OAR Saviour? (1 Viewer)

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I'm beginning to think that, regardless of James Cameron's opinion, Super35 is a tool of the devil.
Hey, come to think of it, maybe Jim Cameron is the devil. That would explain why he's spreading the Super35 gospel to his fellow film directors.
Hmmmm...

Brett Cameron

Stunt Coordinator
I never understood the whole Super 35 thing. I have always refered to it as "fake scope". In basic terms it's basically shooting with flat lenses and then extracting a scope 2.35 image from it. Plus most of the time it produces a lot of grain in the film prints(I knew Bandits was Super 35 when I saw all of the grain in the first run print). If I made films I'd film in scope if I wanted the scope image, and film in flat if I did not want to use the anamorphic lenses.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I think the reason for Super-35 for Harry Potter is mainly because of SFX reasons.
From the looks of the trailer, I wouldn't be surprised if 80% of the movie has some type of CGI effect. Super-35 is excellent for CGI shots since it actually gives a better quality for merging.
I think Super-35 movies, however, should be shot in Super-65 instead. Close Encounters of the Third Kind has the model shots in Super-65 (matted to 2.35:1).
Gotta love 65mm!

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Hey, come to think of it, maybe Jim Cameron is the devil.
*puts flame suit on* Nah, Jim Cameron just sold his soul to the devil so that piece of shit film of his (Titanic) would be the biggest blockbuster of all time. :)
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AIM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"Let me rest in peace, let me get some sleep. Let me take my love and bury it, in a hole six foot deep."

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
Excuse me, can we keep the Titanic bashing down, especially on a Harry Potter thread! I know people don't like the movie, but I can't stand seeing people constantly insult it (and the director) right in front of my face.
Let's get back on topic.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
*puts flame suit on* Nah, Jim Cameron just sold his soul to the devil so that piece of shit film of his (Titanic) would be the biggest blockbuster of all time.

Maybe it was to become "King of the World" and when it finally happened, everyone laughed at him.

Of course he's got an assload of money now, so it doesn't matter much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks