What's new

Harry Potter for free with 2 trades at GameStop (1 Viewer)

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Just so everyone knows, GameStop has started a deal yesterday, that allows you to trade in any 2 dvd's by the companies listed at the bottom of this message, in for a copy of Harry Potter. The only thing is, we can't tell if they're ordering the WS or P&S version. I'm trying to get confirmation about which version since we only have one sku that doesn't state either.

The companies the deal includes are, Artisan, Buena Vista, Columbia Tri-Star, Disney, Dreamworks, Fox-Fox Lober, Live Entertainment, MGM, Miramax, New Line, Paramount, Polygram, Sony, Touchstone, Universal.

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I checked this out at my local game stop.

what they do is when you bring in your two DVDs they look up thier value as trade credit. usually they are worth between $3.00 and $5.00. then what they do is give you $10.00 credit towards the pre-order of HP. they have HP priced at $19.99, the $10.00 credit reserves your copy and you have to pay the differance + tax when you pick up your DVD.

What I did was bring in a fullframe "the Mummy" and got $9.00 credit towards the pre-order. I had to pay an extra dollar to for the $10.00 reservation price.

Terry H

Second Unit
I traded Crazy in Alabama and Bowfinger straight up for Harry Potter. Hope it is the widescreen version. If not, maybe I can get a refund or trade it elsewhere. Seems like a great deal to me. YMMV.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Randy, your trade of any 2 dvd's from the studios I mentioned above go to COMPLETELY PAY FOR & RESERVE the Harry Potter DVD. Trading in 1 dvd will not cover 1/2 the price of the disc if the normal trade-in price for the movie is under $10. I traded in 2 movies that would normally have a combined trade in credit of $8 in on this deal. My Harry Potter DVD is now reserved and paid for.

I have gotten confirmation from our corporate offices that this will indeed be the WS version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks