Harry Potter dvd to have 18 minutes of deleted scenes(possible spoilers)...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by todd s, Nov 14, 2002.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

This comes from Comingsoon.net...

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CBBC Newsround talked to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets director Chris Columbus about what scenes didn't make it into the final cut....

We actually made the cuts from the screen play rather than the film which hurt us internally but it didn't hurt the film. We had to cut the deathday party which was Nearly Headless Nick's 500th anniversary of his deathday which was essentially a party of ghosts.

What about scenes that you did film that didn't make it in - Mr Bourgin? Bourgin and Burks - that scene, which was a fun scene, felt like we were introducing Lucius Malfoy a little early and I wanted to introduce Lucius Malfoy in Flourish and Blott's book store.

I've saved that scene for the DVD and there'll be two versions of that scene on the DVD which will be interesting.

Columbus adds that you can expect about 18 minutes of extra scenes when the DVD is released.

2. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Sounds interesting-hopefully they'll be easier to access than the deleted scenes on Philosopher's Stone...

3. Dave H

Dave H Producer

So, these scenes will be integrated into the actual film? Or, will the be separate?

4. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Think we can count on seperate Dave. I'd assume given the Deathday stuff was cut (argh, DAMN THEM!) from the script Peeves had other notable scenes, and I hope we finally see the screen incarnation of him somewhere on the eventual DVD.

Dan

5. Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi Producer

That’s great! The only probelm is that we will never be able to access them!