What's new

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! (1 Viewer)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Just under a week to go...

BTW andrew, the local Borders here will only open its doors at 7.01am local time, i.e. 12.01am BST, so I get no advantage over you -- save that assuming I actually managed to wake up early after a Friday night, I'd be raring to go for a whole day's reading, whilst you would be up past midnight...

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor
Predictions-

Harry lives and gets it on with Ginny= baby Potter
Ron and Hermoine get married
Snape ends up in Azkaban
Malfoy actually helps Harry
Dursley parents die
Dudley is magical after all
Open ending so Rowling can write baby Potter vs Dudley series.
Star Wars type ending with Harry seeing his family/friends as ghosts.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Did anybody see the international hot dog eating contest on July 4th? One of the contestants had a big handmade sign that he flipped over as he was walking on stage that had a huge spoiler on it for everyone watching on TV to see. I have no idea if it was a real spoiler or if he was just f'n with people, but it really pissed me off. You can't be safe anywhere to spoilers unless you lock yourself in a dark room. That guy was a complete ass.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
They might have well have called this book Severus Snape. That's just about the only element I truly care about. Voldemort could decide to adopt Potter and retire to Fiji -- I wanna know the story of Severus Snape :D.

--
H

JayDerek

Stunt Coordinator
Holadem> me too! :) I'm hoping Snape's character is written well in this last chapter, because next to Harry, he probably has the most interesting character arc in this series.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Like I said, it's clear from the writing of the last few books that Snape is a favorite of Rowling. It helps he has such a perfect actor playing him, but the character itself is also tremendous. Again, I think Rowling will do the character justice in DH.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I listen to 4 or 5 audio books a month. Let me say this about audio books:

Dale is good.

But there is no reader out there like Scott Brick & Stefan Rudnicki

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Well shoot, I completely nerded out and spent $250 USD (about 125 GBP) and ordered the following UK editions, all with priority 1-2 day shipping:

HP&tDH Special Edition
HP&tDH Children's Edition
HP&tDH Adult Edition
The Lord of the Rings 50th anniversary (with all corrections and the pages from the Book of Mazarbul), split up in the original 3 volume format (yes I know that one volume was always Tolkien's preference but due to manufacturing costs proved prohibitive) using his original design for dust jackets, and a 4th volume Reader's Companion that is matched and slipcased with the 3 other volumes.

I believe with this LoTR edition, it will make something like the 5th or 6th version of the books I will own in hardcover (not counting the trade paperbacks which are torn and tattered beyond belief).

I have a sickness... :frowning:

Can't wait to read Book 7!

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Snape & Harry vs Voldemort duel.I think we'll see it.

"One of the contestants had a big handmade sign that he flipped over as he was walking on stage that had a huge spoiler on it for everyone watching on TV to see"

What a asshole.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I thought about this all day, and while I'm excited to discuss the book with others, and even though I had noted "spoilered" I think this kind of destroys the thread going forward for those that will read it.

Let me say: It is a GREAT book, and has one of the best potential moments imaginable to film, you really get the feeling as though Rowling has thought about how this will pace and sound on film.

So, A++ and I'm taking the spoiler down.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I don't consider the spoiler to be credible if it was shown at a hot-dog eating contest. DH is the most heavily guarded pre-released publication in history.

Edit: Chris - I'm curious where you got your spoiler information. I work for Scholastic and have heard nothing of this, only differing theories of how the book ends. We will not even have access to the book until the 21st.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I received a copy of the book last night around midnight. I spent almost all night reading and finished about an hour ago.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I don't know the number of pages off the top of my head, but that will not confirm the legitimacy of wether someone has the book or not. (I'm not saying this was your intent, just throwing that out there).

In my local Barnes and Noble, there's been for months a big cardboard standee saying "You've read X,XXX pages, only YYY more to go." I don't know the two numbers off the top of my head, hence the XXXX and YYY.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
No actually it wasnt. I asked becuase I want to be able to read the book straight through this weekend, but prob wont be able to start until sat night:frowning:

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Counting epilogue and intro? Numbering in the book is off because of those. It's a very "tight" book. So, nowhere near as long as the last few. Easy to get through in one night.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks