What's new

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Two major characters die?

I say one of them is Voldemort. :)

Here are my predictions
1. Voldemort dies :)
2. Hermione and Ronald don't end up together
3. Voldemort will actually be put in a sympathetic light at some point
4. RAB will be explained
5. Harry will have to make a choice between killing Voldemort and saving a friend's life.

Yep, I making wuss bets. :)

tyler payne

Second Unit
Real Name
tyler payne
Ok, so I have been visiting numerous HP message boards just to see what other people are saying about the upcoming book.

There seems to be a lot of people who think that Harry will die. This is why I do not think he will. Harry's parents (most notably his mother) died to save him. Sirius gave his life in an effort to go help Harry. While Doumbledore did not directly die to save Harry, he definitly did not want Harry to meet up with a group of death eaters that faithfull night.

What I am trying to say is that too many people have given thier lives (even if indirectly) to make sure Harry survives. It would be an insult to them all if Harry were to snuff it.

Besides Voldermort, I think that Percy will be the one to buy the farm. He abandonded his family and I think that he will amke the ultimate sacrifice to save a family member, possibly his dad Arthur.

I agree that there is someone who we think is good, who turns out to be bad. I don't think that it will be McGonagall. She is too obvious, because she is un-obvious. (I don't know if that makes any sense.) I think that because we all asume she is good, it makes her an easy choice to be bad, which makes it too obvious to be her as the spy. I am going to lean towards a student being a spy, even if they are under the imperious curse. I have to remind myself that the students at Hogwarts are no longer children. They are coming of age. Some student looking for power, would be an ideal target for Voldermort.

Well, there you have it. We need only wait a couple of months more, then all my theories can be debunked.

tyler payne

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I read an interview with JK Rowling [and apologies, I cannot remember where, other than knowing I definitely read it] in which she said that when the series is finished she is going to produce a 'definitive edition' in which various details and minor plot errors will be ironed out. I think she also said that she may shorten the Order of the Phoenix (IMHO a good thing - I think that along with Goblet of Fire it's overlong and begs for some serious pruning).

So in answer to your question - yes, I think a box set will be released. I'd certainly like a 'deluxe' version (e.g. produced by something like Folio Press) of this, but I suspect it may be a forlorn hope.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
Well, I don't know if I'll buy it. Probably wont. I'll probably just wait for someone to give it as a gift, or download a PDF.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
From that cover illustration, it almost looks like Harry and Voldemort are working together against some other threat. They seem to both be casting toward a third party instead of each other.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
That was my initial impression as well. It's hard to say, though, because it was designed as a wrap-around. On the copy you hold in your hands, Voldemort will be on the back sleeve of the jacket and his arm will be reaching around from behind.
Considering that the portal behind the trio on the Bloomsbury covered has a very simply fiery orange sky, my guess is that the two covers come from scenes that take place in the same location.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I already own hardcovers of the first six so it'd be too redundant, but damned if I don't want this sexy box:
booksscholasticboxsetalto0.jpg

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I guess its time to reread the last one and refresh my brain before book 7 comes out.

TV555

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Veryal
I was hoping to see the Big 4 show up at the end - Sal, Grif, Huffie and Rav.

I'm sure Percy is an Imp and Ron will have to save or kill him.

Voldemort will die.
Harry will live.
Snape will die.

There will be a 3 way at the end.

There will be an odd scene in the book where Harry has an odd interaction w/ his teacher.

I am curious how Harry will quickly equip himself to be ready for Voldemort.

Elves - Doby and pals,
Centaurs - Firenze and pals,
humans,
Goblins - those money-grubbing things and giants - Hagger and friends.

I heard the final battle scene will make LOTR look like a match compared to a bonfire. She's going all out w/ multiple Rings, the Borg, Death Stars, a Cheerleader, NY vs NJ, Al Qaeda and a bomb.

Is anyone else going to be that guy who tells all the kids waiting in line that Harry dies at the end and V-man wins and takes over the universe?

If she wanted to screw it all up she could have magic be destroyed in the end.

TV555

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Veryal
I heard at the end of the book when Voldemort and Harry are fighting that the pages go blank and there are instruction for you to cue the Journey CD enclosed in the book.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
No, the final pages are blank, and you have to get your wand and tap them and say "I solemly swear that I will not reveal the ending".

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
- Harry will inherit Fawkes
- Ginny will turn out to be the most powerful of the group after Harry
- Draco will die which will cause Lucious Malfoy to turn against Voldemort
- McGonagall or Moody will take over as headmaster of Hogwarts (no way McGs a spy)
- Longbottom or Luna will take care of Bellatrix
- I agree with those who think Harry will be the new Dark Arts teacher ending the curse
- Harry, Ron and Hermione wont die
- Since Harry and Vs wands react badly to each others, Im thinking Harry will use someone elses for the final showdown - maybe Dumbledores

Deaths: Draco,Lucious,Lupin,Snape(will die a hero)

more later.....

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I'm putting my money on Voldemort saying 'Harry, I am your father'. Oops, sorry, wrong saga.

Going back to the issue of dust jackets. The UK one shown is the 'children's version'. There will also be an 'adults' version' for grown ups too embarrassed to be seen with what looks like a kids' book cover (like, nobody can read the title?). I don't care which version I get.

Incidentally, the Royal Mail (the Brit postal service) is releasing a special collection of Harry Potter stamps (featuring the covers of the children's versions) next week, and it's my understanding that the French postal service (of all things) is also releasing a commemorative set.

JayDerek

Stunt Coordinator
just an fyi guys. There are a TON of sites out there online providing links to scans of the new book's table of contents, spot illustrations, and even scans of the entire epilogue. :frowning: I didn't want to believe these are the real deal, but the illustrations look exactly like Mary GradPre's style. This may be from someone that works at a library because I've seen pictures from libraries showing stacks of boxes of the new books. (apparently they were able to receive these early for cataloging purposes)

So if you don't want to be spoiled, be very, very careful online this week. Except for email, I may go completely internet dark...all it takes is one !@#$% to post something in the comments on any site to ruin something like this

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Jay,
Thanks for the warning. I really want to go into Book 7 as cold as possible, beyond my own rampant speculation. It's a shame there are a-holes who take pleasure in spoiling that sense of discovery in others.

It's also why I'll probably read through DH at Mach 3 :)

As for my personal speculations, I reread Books 1-6 in the last 5 weeks, and I stand by my earlier predictions.

If I can make a wild one, I bet Snape comments on how much Harry's eyes look like Lily's before he leaves Harry in whatever manner he leaves him.
Just a hunch based on earlier comments in the novels/films.

Other guesses:
- I am certain Snape is working for Dumbledore
- Because he loved Lily and feels guilty for his part in her death
- He still hates James, and is very conflicted over Harry
- I think Regulus collected several of the Horcruxes and they are at 12 Grimmauld Place - and Kreacher knows
- Something will happen at the Dursleys once Harry turns 17
- All three of the main characters will survive Voldemort
- I do believe Snape won't make it (though Rowling loves his character very much)
- Prophecy be damned, Rowling won't allow Harry to kill anybody :)

Can't wait to see what I am wrong and right about.

Users who are viewing this thread